1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

fpcb750er
My 1972 CB750 in Cleveland, Ohio. I JUST got it on the road, I got it last spring and worked on it over the past year.  I want to thank everybody who posts and contributes, without this forum, she wouldn't be running!  All original except for a new tires (got the vintage tread Dunlops to match the originals) and a new master cylinder, I rebuilt the original I have, but didn't trust it 100%, so it's in a drawer.

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

pat english
very nice.that motor is very sanitary.

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

dave Esch
Looking good. If you are interested in replacing the tires, I found motorcycle-superstore.com had the Bridgestone Spitfires. These are the tires i have and this site was cheaper than anyone I found by far (about $130 for both tires shipped). I miss my old qualifiers, the way they looked, but the spitfire traction is far superior. I think the motor looks real nice. Wish mine were that clean. Look forward to hooking up and cruisin one of these days.

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

fpcb750er
Thanks guys, I appreciate the notes, I hope to see folks soon on the vintage meet-ups and Dave, we'll have to make a point to connect!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

Very nice looking original! Very good shape and even the original pipes!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

fpcb750er
Thanks Re-run!

The pictures don't do the exhaust "justice" multiple holes!  I'll try tape first, then try a local chromer, a friend of mine has some Honda Dream pipes there, so we'll see how he does!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

Ah pipe holes, I had those. I got slip on mufflers as mine were too bad. If they are small holes, maybe see about brazing them closed. problem is who knows how thin they are in other spots.
If you got expendable cash, david silver spares has pipes but it will cost ya about $1000 but they are brand new. Yeah, a bit painful!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

fpcb750er
Thanks, I'm going to try have them brazed this winter, I'll pull them off the bike and see how it goes. For now...muffler tape!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

davew
looks real nice-------be proud you have done a good job
now get out and ride it
show it off
remember it does not have to go fast
it just have to look good going by

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

squibbert
Yes, you have done a great job. Did it have the original exhaust when you bought it? I have been tossing around the idea of buying original for mine, but I just can't justify the $1200 yet and I do like the like of what I have now.

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

fpcb750er
Thanks so much for the compliment, I thought about riding her today, but it was pouring here in Cleveland, looking out now, I should have pulled her out!

It did have the original exhaust, they have seen better days, and it doesn't sound as good as it could, I have holes in two of the pipes just at the base of the bike, where the header material mates the muffler and holes in the ends, so for now, it's muffler tape and later I'll have it braised or try to epoxy it somehow.

I saw some on http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_104938/ for ONLY 650 plus shipping, getting more tempting!

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

free2ride
squibbert wrote
I have been tossing around the idea of buying original for mine, but I just can't justify the $1200 yet and I do like the like of what I have now.
I'm with you there. Would much prefer all original but that's a potload of money that my wife won't let me . . . er . . . that I can't spend
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: 1972 CB 750 - Cleveland, OH

Just remember that 650 is pounds, so double it for US!