1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
Just got my first bike. She needs a little work but she sure is beautiful. looking to sand down and matte out the gas tank, exhaust and wires need work, and want a new set of handlebars with a windshield. Should have her up and running with the Legion Riders real soon.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

TOOLDS

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
Thank you. Those where a very pleasant surprise!

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
SO i think I am gonna drop on some black drag pipes, black out the tank and drop on some black side cover. Put a low rise windshield, new handlebars, and reupholster the seat. Going for a blackout cruiser look. Curious what you all think or if you have any suggestions.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Semi=gloss black.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
I am looking for a set of black handlebars that come a little farther back than the stock bars. Can't seem to find much in the way of bars. Yeah I was thinking of either going semi gloss of matte black with the paint.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Try these guys, for your handlebars. http://www.dimecitycycles.com/cafe-racer-parts/vintage-honda-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-parts.html

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
Very NIce website thank you!

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
So now o find out the tank is shot and need to get a new one. I am toying with the idea of a custom but don't see alot of tanks out there.. Any suggestions or more importantly a way to know if a tank will fit my bike.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Any K model tank will fit right on, or you could go with a custom tank. How bad is your tank? Can you Kreem it?

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
The radiator shop said it was littered with wholes across the bottom, I plan to pick it up tomorrow just to get the measurements to ensure a proper fit of a new tank. I would be interested in a custom tank however I am not sure as to where to look.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Well I dont know about a custom tank, there are some places but they charge your firstborn for the price.
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/hondaz/CB750SOHC1969-77.htm
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/
http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/forsale.html

Tanks are expensive! If you can, maybe see if there is a boneyard in your area that you can get one from. You can put on 69-76 tanks. Your main issue is how many petcocks you have and which side they are on.
I don't know if any had 2 but I think some were on the right.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

Brutull
so out of curiosity what style of handlebars would be more comfortable for long rides? I am kinda think a set that comeback farther than the stock, but don't see those much.

Re: 1975 CB750 K5

I find the stock bars are pretty comfortable, but if I were going to change, for more comfort. I would go about 4 inches higher.