rockin the old school

conrad750ss
hey new here thought id show my winter project. its a 1975 750 super sport i bought this last month so far  i have replaced the clutch, swapped the bars with clubmans striped all the fenders and chopped up the stock seat to shorten the bike up. i had the seat wrapped in black ostrich. i still have a lot of work to do but its starting to get the cafe look. now im just waiting for the weather to warm up (been snowing the last week) so i can do my brakes and put all new cables and my fork gators on ill post some more pics as i go along with the project. hope to be done by mid may. also what are some good sites for parts ive been using vintagecb750.com but id like to find a good carb upgrade and exhaust system

Re: rockin the old school

Welcome to the forum. Looks like it's going to be a neat bike. Vintage is a great place for parts. I also get a lot from tasclassicmotorsports.com and cyclex.com.

Re: rockin the old school

curmudgeon
Hi,
If you are looking for an outfit that has some interesting stuff here are two,

Cyclex  and

Dime City cycles.

Just google either one and check out the goodies.  I've dealt with both and I don't have a bad word about either.  Cyclex is a good place for hot-rod goodies and they do have a killer tri-y pipe.  Dime City has pretty good prices and lots of other stuff.  It's mainly how much you want to spend.

Cur

Re: rockin the old school

conrad750ss
hey thanks guys cyclex is awesome! the old ladies gonna hate it i already have a wish list a mile long.

Re: rockin the old school

fourwheeler04073
Hey cool bike!! How did you make your seat? Is that still the stock pan?  I've been thinking about doing mine but I haven't come up with a good way to do it.

Re: rockin the old school

Use a sawzall on the seat pan, and an electric carving knife on the foam.

Re: rockin the old school

fourwheeler04073
Thanks again Tools, I'm going to try the wiring trick tonight.  I can figure out how to cut everything it's how to finish off the tail end I'm working on.