1977 cb 750k

old bob
Here is a picture of my new project. It was on graigslist for 400.00 in Ohio three hours away one way.
I have rebuilt alot of bike but not honda. When I was 18 my older brother lent me his 1973 cb750 to take to ocean city md. My first bike trip!
I plan on relocating the rear dampers, lowering the front end, installing a 1974 kawasaki s3 400 tail and light, make a seat, square off rear of fuel tank , install 1980 cb750 comstar wheels 140/90/16 R
110/90/19 F, drag bars, paint frame and body. I would like to extend the swing arm. If anyone would know where to get one or the best way to lenghten one please let me know.
Thanks,Bob
64 panhead
78 superglide
74 850 norton
07 vtx 1300r
hd 350 sprint
ducati 916 s4 monster
77 750k

Re: 1977 cb 750k

Well looks like a lot of surface rust but all that should come off. Looks solid otherwise.
Probably the best base you could have though.
If you are looking into lowering, maybe try konging the frame.  http://konga750.blogspot.com/2008/08/konging-frame.html

Re: 1977 cb 750k

toytuff
One thing is for sure. Parts for the 77/78 models are hard to find. Why? I asked my supplier this question.

"There are not a lot of parts".

Seems the earlier years are plentiful. Not so much for these model years. Your build should not be a problem and hang on to the parts you remove. Appears to have the Supersport exhaust pipes.

tt

Re: 1977 cb 750k

old bob
Hi, I'm posting some pictures. I am not using alot of stock parts. Did you mean stuff like engine parts. I choped the tail and mocked up the kawasaki s3 400 fender and tail light, installed the rear comstar wheel 140/90/16 just had to change the sprocket, installed the front comstar wheel 110/90/19 just had to make a 1/4" spacer, removed head light ears and cut off turn signals. Clip on bars are on the way.
Thanks, Bob
64 panhead
78 superglide
74 850 norton