Here's the PIC

MSGQ
As requested, here's the picture of my 1977 K/F cross it's not much to look at yet.   Work so far - brake rebuilds front and rear cylinders, calipers and pads - no easy chore given that I had the rear caliper bleeder machined out after breaking off an easy out trying to extract it. I retapped to a larger size, purchased two new bleeders gound the threads off of one and used it and valve seat compund to very slowly and carefully create a new seat in the body of the caliper to fit the new, larger bleeder. New rubber front and rear, pulled the carbs but found very little varnish and the gaskets seemed good wiht no leaks so not much to do there, new oil and filter, new plugs, pulled the wheels to replace/repack the bearings and thought I had ordered complete sets of bearings - NOPE - what arrived was one each for the front and rear.  I cut the rear turn signal indicator mounts down by an 1 1/2 inch to bring the indicators closer to the frame, still haven't gotten to the fronts.  I haven't found a local guy to sync the carbs yet but I understand that some of the noise I perceive to be my cam chain could well be the sync.  I did try to release/adjust the cam chain tensioner but had no improvement .  My throttle response and low end idle seems right given the age of the bike so I'm not sure the carbs are off.  I did give it a straight line run to see what the top speed would be and it was really working to get to 105 MPH.

Here's a couple of questions for the group.
Does that top speed seem right?
Does my analysis of the Carb Sync seem accurate?
The cam chain tenioner seems easy enough to replace what about the cam chain guide?
I'm thinking about boring it out to 836?

Thanks again, MSGQ

Re: Here's the PIC

I love the color. Pretty cool how you repaired the bleeder.
As for the speed. It depends on how it is geared, how accurate is the speedometer....?
The carbs being out of sync will sound like a timing chain. I bought a very nice set of gauges on e-bay, for $49.00 (the same set that sells, for $90.00+ at other places.) The seller was Goldwing something, or another. Once you have the gauges, syncing the carbs is easy.
836cc kits are pretty cool. cycle-x has some pretty good deals on kits. be sure to get a complete kit with head gasket. Also take the pistons along with your cylinder when you have it bored. That way they can be fitted perfectly.