1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
1978 Honda cb750 only runs on choke, rebuilt carbs , airbox is installed, i have  fresh gas , new motor oil. It fires right up with choke on, it will rev really high then as soon as i push in on the choke it dies!

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

pat english
probly just need to adjust the carbs..read what rerun says here:

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/CB750K5-Has-Me-Stumped-td460045.html

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Your pilot jets are still plugged. You need to remove them, to clean them.

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
Well i tried cleaning the pilot jets and that did not help , could it maybe be a vaccum leak?

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Did, you remove them, to clean them?

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
Yepp, i set them back to 1 1/2 turns out

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
Plus i let it run for a few minutes and the left two pipes dont sizzle when i touch them with a wet rag, but the right side does

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Two left two carburetors feed off one fuel line,the two on the right off of another. Maybe the tee has a blockage not allowing it to get a good amount of fuel in the left two bowls? Just a shot in the dark really...

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

pat english
could be a bad coil too..check for spark

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Yeah,but the coils are split between 1&4-2&3 . Strange that 1&2 are acting up by themselves

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

pat english
smartypants

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
Okay ill check for sparks, but i only have one fuel line that goes into the tank, could you explain alittle more?

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Sorry. Your 78 model carbs may be different. On the earlier bikes the single fuel line tee-d off to the two pairs of carbs. Left pair and right pair

Re: 1978 CB750K 4

Honda7503747743674
Its alright, it connects straight into the second carb.