1979 CB 750F SS new member has some questions.

1979 CB 750F SS new member has some questions.

Woofster
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1979 CB 750F SS w/16K miles.  It has original paint and striping, 4-1 pipe and mostly stock.  I really don't know anything about these bikes other than I owned a CB 350 Four when I was a kid and enjoyed it for what it was (under powered and mediorcre handling).  Is there anything that is a typical problem area with these old muscle bikes or advice anyone can give for things to be on the lookout for?  Any tips would be much appreciated.

Re: 1979 CB 750F SS new member has some questions.

750Fourever
Here's a few. Regular valve adjustments seem to never get done. Carbs tend to gum up quickly when sitting for a few months, ditto on the brakes. Good news is that the carbs and brakes are fairly easy to teardown, clean and put back together. New and used stock and aftermarket parts are readily available. Many parts from the K and C models will interchange, as well as some CB900F parts. Invest in a repair manual. Best news is that these bikes are timeless and great fun!
Hope this helps!