1979 CB750 front end conversion

Rev

1979 CB750 front end conversion

Rev
I have a 1979 CB750k.  Looking to put a 1978 GL1000 front end on my bobber project.  Anybody know if it will work....easily?
Rev.
The old life is gone, a new life has begun!

Re: 1979 CB750 front end conversion

Piute

    Looked into it for myself YES (tubes are bigger,so get it all)
  most my parts including (L)caliper & bracket came from a G L 1000.

Re: 1979 CB750 front end conversion

As far as I know it's a bolt on deal,but I could be wrong.You might need new steering bearings to do the swap. If nothing else you could swap the CB stem into the GL lower yoke and it'll bolt on that way for sure. Keep us posted and let us know what you find out!

And welcome to the forum
Rev

Re: 1979 CB750 front end conversion

Rev
Well I bought the whole front end, wheel, calipers, forks, risers, master cylinder and handle.  The neck looks the same I think it will all work.  Hope to do a dry fit next week.  If it all works, pull it apart and put new bearings in.  Thanks for the comments.
Rev.
The old life is gone, a new life has begun!

Re: 1979 CB750 front end conversion

Just get an All Balls searing kit for a CB 750, and the GL front end will bolt right on.

Rev

Re: 1979 CB750 front end conversion

Rev
Thanks for the tips....I have order the parts suggested.  Thanks for the welcome and friendly advice!
Rev