1979 CB750k sputters and misses when hot...or just intermittent...

1979 CB750k sputters and misses when hot...or just intermittent...

Hulkinator
Restoring a 1979 CB750k 38000km...into a yellow cafeish type thing...

Bought at end of this summer...

Bike runs ok most of the time...but seems to hesitate and miss intermittently...I cant say if this is related to temperature...seems to be...will ride for several miles no problems....stop at a traffic light and will sputter for a few miles...then will get back to normal...also have seen it sputter when a bit colder...

I am no carb expert and a bit worried of taking these out...is synching these necessary has soon as I take these apart a bit...?

hoping will be something a bit more simple...maybe air coming in somewhere it shouldnt? Whats a simple way of checking engine temp on these? ...maybe its overheating?

Anyone with ideas?

Claude - Montreal

Re: 1979 CB750k sputters and misses when hot...or just intermittent...

machine head
hey hows it going.new site but pretty good with cb750s. you may have either points or carb issues.if the bike has points try to clean with a small file and adjust or the carbs you can remove them remove the bowls and clean the jets out its not that hard you need the basic toolsif you want more info i can give you step by step it not that hard to do