1980 tear down and rebuild

Jonnyboy74
One of the members on the forum suggested to start a new build thread. Well I've stripped down the bike, minus the engine, that's today. I'm not sure what color scheme yet, powder coating the frame, top end, stator cover, etc black. It's going to be a long journey but enjoying it so far. I've never worked much on engines so a little anxious, see how it goes. Keep you posted!

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

Document document document!

Digital cameras make it easy to keep track of stuff, how it came apart, and how it goes back together.

Looking forward to your progress.

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

Jonnyboy74
Thanks Luke, I've probably taken 200 pics so far with the phone. No turning back now, engines out! Giving it a proper clean and frames off for powder coating next week.

Cheers,

Jonny
image1.JPG

Sent from my iPhone

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1980-tear-down-and-rebuild-tp4058783p4058784.html
To unsubscribe from 1980 tear down and rebuild, click here.
NAML

To unsubscribe from 1980 tear down and rebuild, click here.
NAML

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

Truck
I believe that is the air breather for the tank, usually it attaches to the air box. Your gas filter is inside the tank. Some people run an additional one that goes between the petcock and the carbs.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

That is your crankcase vent. The filter is supposed to keep dirt from being sucked into the crankcase. If you had the original airbox the vent hose would go to it.

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

Yep, they are right about that hose. But...I'm guessing you don't have a stock air box then?

Do yourself a solid and search this forum for ''pods and cv carbs''. It's not pretty.

Good luck on your project.

Re: 1980 tear down and rebuild

Jonnyboy74

That makes sense, I was thinking of ordering  a new one so just wasn't sure. Thanks again ppl.
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 13, 2015, at 12:56 AM, shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yep, they are right about that hose. But...I'm guessing you don't have a stock air box then?

Do yourself a solid and search this forum for ''pods and cv carbs''. It's not pretty.

Good luck on your project.
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.~George Washington

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1980-tear-down-and-rebuild-tp4058783p4058798.html