1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

chlongattack
First off Huge Thank you to My Good Friend Joseph "JT" For Being a major contributor to the Bike without him there would be no Bad Ass Bobber.

It went from stock to this the first year.

The First year was body work on tank,
cut off the rear where passenger seat went filled in the holes and smoothed them out n painted frame black.
Built a custom seat with original pan
Stock Carburetors were rebuilt
Vance and Hines 4 into 1 Drag Racing Header with a Competition baffle.
16inch Ape hanger Z Bars.
New Kuryakyn Grips
Custom ordered Motion Pro Clutch and Push/Pull Throttle cables,
Stainless Braided Brake-line.
custom mirrors,
Full led turn signals and brake lights.
Completely went through all the electrical and soldered everything.
And Pirelli Speed Demon tires front and back.

She ran like a champ all summer got lots of complements. By Far was coolest cb750 Bobber around that summer.

At My Friend Tickers Garage Finishing up Second Major tear down

Second time we took it apart was major as we installed A
Full Engine Gasket Kit
as Well As a full oil seal kit. Which required splitting the main block.
So while My Buddy Joe "JT" worked on getting the Kits in the motor i was in the other Garage with the frame and rims and few other pieces. Second round was
Rebuilt Front Forks with Progressives as well as rear shocks
new fork seals
new chain
new Barnett clutch kit
and by far my Favorite addition thus far The 31MM CR SPECIALS....Ridiculous!!!

All She needs is new Coils and a Oil Filter adapter kit to get some more oil to help her run cooler. And I'm sure after that i will just top it of with the big bore kit... to be continued wife permitting lol

California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

seestheday
Welcome to the site

How do you find the CR's?  Any difficulties tuning them?

Also, big change with the progressive front and rear shocks?

Sorry to criticize, I like the red frame, but some some reason it doesn't work for me here.  Maybe it's because of the grey seat and engine?

Other than that, awesome ride.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

chlongattack
No Got the CR Specials from Dynoman.com great web site if i was able to do it again id go with the Minuki carbs the have adjustable Fuel/air knobs for adjust on the fly. dynoman will also jet the carbs as close as possible if you tell them what you are running exhaust and air filtration wise.

New Carbs are crazy They offer 29mm, 30mm, and 31mm. 29 are recomended for intown low and mid range power if its a everyday rider or you ride her often intown then the 29s r what u want. Im a weekend rider and like(am addicted to top end power and the 31s deliver that big time. Need to up grade my coils so cant really get on it till bout 4500 rpm after that she just red lines and the power band comes behind freaking ridiculous power and the Vance and Hines 4 into 1 header with megaphone n competition baffle is Stupid Loud.

And huge difference with the New Progressives in front and Fork seal kits lots of power is lost when you have sloppy suspension. definitely worth the money launch is alot stronger and bumps and curb hopping no problem lol. thats one of the things i really like about the bike is ride height im 6'5" and my feet sit flat on road anyone else has to be on their tiptoes.

As soon as she is Finished up I will be taking it back out to Sacramento Drag Strip to see how much it has really Improved. When that happens I would really like to see any Cb750s that are in California to Please show up to, Test and Tune Wednesday's at Sacramento Drag Strip its like $15-20 bucks to run all night. All the cars run then bikes get a turn. Please check web site for rules and Regulations. See you CB750 lovers out there.
California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

You're running apes on the drag strip? ... you have my respect

Welcome in bud. That's a wild bike you've put together there. Crazy bars dude Gotta love 'em!

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

seestheday
Lol, ya crazy setup for a drag bike.

Have you checked out the F site?  If you're into performance mods on these DOHC bikes, well you might enjoy some reading there :  http://www.cb1100f.net

There are a lot of guys building some serious track bikes.  They're usually from the bigger brothers of these 750's (1100F's and 900F's), but a lot of what they do should carry over.

1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

Hoosier Daddy
Interesting build you got going on there, glad it puts a smile on your face because that's what it's all about!

Randakks sells an oil filter adapter that's drilled for fittings to use a cooler if that's what you're after. http://randakks.com/products/oil filter conversion kit

Heads up on seeestheday's link , you can't view threads on CB1100F.net if you're not a member...
It will be an eternal mystery to me though, I wanted to register when I first got mine but after 3 attempts without a reply, I gave up.... (maybe they heard about me )
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

seestheday
Ya, that and the threads about them not being cool with non F owners asking questions is weird.

Great place to buy 900 cams though.

Sent from my BlackBerry device
Heads up though, you can't view threads on CB1100F.net if you're not a member...
It will be an eternal mystery to me though, I wanted to register when I first got mine but after 3 attempts without a reply, I gave up.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1981-CB750k-Go-Fast-Bobber-tp4041767p4041853.html
To unsubscribe from 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber, click here.
NAML

My cb750 video site

Its not necessarily a Straight Drag Bike i am a bit of a speed junky and have had ridden this bike from stock to this. i wanted apes but at the same time Performance reliability safety and handling were definitely kept in mind. Have a bunch of harleys in town that like to pull up next to me at lights n always are trying to race and before i got the 31mm CR Carbs i was pretty much keeping up with most of them. So it will be interesting to see what happens now lol. I have a cousin that lives in southern California a that has a Newer 1200 Sportster that i will hopefully convince to goto sac n Run the strip with me Because that is the Main Reason I went with Performance everything is because We Wanted to bulid a bike that Would be able to take a 1200 Sportster on the Strip.
California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

sgtslag
As Hoosier alluded to, keep an eye on oil temperatures...  My '79 K ran, perfectly stock, at 250 F oil temp, running a leisurely 55 MPH.  With a CB900 oil radiator onboard, it dropped to 210 F.  If you race this bike, an oil cooler really makes sense.

No matter whether you add a cooler, or not, I'd suggest a full synthetic oil, as it won't break down until 450 F, and conventional will turn to carbon sludge above 250 F!  That adapter he linked to, has both a spin-on filter conversion (nice, very nice...), and a port for either a temperature gauge, or a pressure gauge (third port) -- will keep you in the know about your oil pressure, or temperature, whichever way you decide to monitor.  Cheers!

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

chlongattack

What's needed fir tge 900 cam swap?

On Jun 8, 2013 3:20 AM, "Hoosier Daddy [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice! I started gathering parts to turn my old Zook GS into a drag bike before my current build brought me here... Check this out, been a favorite pic for a while now... first notice the rear wheel... and then his eyes!!!

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1981-CB750k-Go-Fast-Bobber-tp4041767p4041997.html
To unsubscribe from 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber, click here.
NAML
California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

seestheday
Just drop them in. Get them from someone on the cb1100f.net site.

If you want to get the most out of them you can use slotted gears and degree them by 5 degrees but it's not required.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1981-CB750k-Go-Fast-Bobber-tp4041767p4042218.html

My cb750 video site

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

chlongattack
just ordered the oil adapter from randakks yesterday go the semi ok to get the last couple parts for my cb750 go fast bobber!!! See you guys on the roads of California soon!!!!
California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

dyna coils upgrade

chlongattack
Just upgraded the coils on my bike today can't wait to get this bad boy on the road!!!
California Built 81 CB750k DOHC GO FAST BOBBER

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

jakethesnake
Hey where'd you find the bars an how hand was it to switch over wiring an cables?

Re: 1981 CB750k Go Fast Bobber

chlongattack

Found bars on ebay. Bought a wire loom and just matched colors on top and bottom to same color on wire loom. All the other cables were custom built by motion pro

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/1981-CB750k-Go-Fast-Bobber-tp4041767p4053553.html