1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
This post was updated on .
Carbys have now been fully kitted out and cleaned.
Just hope i got everything right!
Next comes the prick of a job of putting them back on, once i clean up the air box, and get that back in.
Here's a few more pics of her "signs of age",  and whats under the covers.

Wiseman
 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

sgtslag
Mostly I see surface rust, which is a heaping helping of elbow grease to cure.

That really is a sharp bike.  I am relieved to hear that it won't be chopped up, or sold for parts.  I am really looking forward to seeing your progress on it.  I checked on the 205 KPH:  it translates into 127.38 MPH!!!  That is quite fast for that engine, from what I've read -- it basically has the same engine as my '79 K model (top speed of 117 MPH/188.29 KPH, if I remember right), but I suspect it has some differences (Cam shaft for different valve timing, different sprockets on the drive chain, different carb set-up?).  Like I said, I suspect this was Honda's early take on a sport touring bike.

The volt meter, and clock, are two instruments I have installed on my Honda, as well; added a battery monitor to the Voyager, it already had a clock.  They're both nice to have.  Two of my bikes left me sitting, without warning, when their batteries died.  A volt meter is very handy for monitoring the health of the battery, and the charging system -- should be standard equipment on all bikes, in my totally biased opinion.    The clock, even on vacation, without an agenda, is still necessary for medical reasons (need to keep track of time regarding medications, primarily) -- as one doctor at Mayo Clinic told me, "the older we get, the more propping up we need."  I'll go, but I won't go quietly, or without a tooth, toenail, and eye-gouging fight.    Cheers!

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

I'm with Sarge,glad to see you keeping it all togetherThat adjustable steering damper is a pretty cool feature!

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
<quote author="sgtslag">
Mostly I see surface rust, which is a heaping helping of elbow grease to cure.

That's for sure, lots of elbow grease.

Honda also had CB900 full fairing model like mine, everything identical,  except with 900cc  bore size.
Most parts are interchangeable,   i looked underneath my bike, and the exhaust system has CB900 written on it in white pen, was obviously purchased at a wreckers.
Know here as the 750 and 900 BolD'or.
 205km/h  is what the spec sheet says, but i don't think i will finding out personally.
Ive never ridden a cycle with a full, frame mounted fairing, should be interesting handling.

Lots more to do, as i plod along when im in the mood to tinker in the shed.
Will be more pics as some new progress happens.

These pics are when i got back home from picking up the bike, straight off the bike trailer, after a 400 mile round trip to get it!  Well worth every mile in my ute.

 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

sgtslag
I graduated High School back in 1983.  For me, the early 80's were a golden age for motorcycles.  I loved the tear-drop tank designs, and nearly all of the bikes at that time.  I was too young, and poor, to own my own, for a good many years.  I rode my father's bikes off, and on.

Since then, I did, in fact, find a time machine...    Sort of.

I found my '79 Honda in near-mint condition, bought it.  This bike is the epitome of the style I love.  [Time travel trip #1 -- no mood-altering chemicals required!]

Mentioned to my father that I would really love to buy a Kawasaki 440 LTD, belt drive, bike -- he found one, in near-mint condition, for a song of a price, so I bought it.  [Time travel trip #2 -- no flux-capacitor, causing a statewide brown-out, necessary, just some portraits of Benny Franklin (hundred-dollar-bill's, for those outside the USA)!]

Two more of my childhood dreams have been lived.  Seeing this blast from the past, is just a little 'ole sweet-tasting icing on the cake of life.  Excuse me while I dab away some drool.  Cheers!

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

                                                NICE O.K.

                  Now I wont to see your ute,HEY I'm An Elchaulic
  That anything like the Ute Indians in colorado, or more like Pi-ute, here's my Elc. (3rd one)

                   Had A 50 Chevy 5 window and seen lots of pictures of ute's in that eara

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
A pic of my ute will be on the way soon, (all on my old computer)
Check this blast from the past,   i took these photos myself in 1982
My mates red and white CB900, (new),  and my 78 Kawasaki Z650

1982

 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Piute
 Fairing and lowers look the same ? Kaw must be shy ,have the 77 KZ 750 B,left with my brother in Wisconsin....Piute...

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

mike piwinski
I love it!!You should let me polish the aluminum on it to finish it off.It would be AWSOME.Shiny Mike

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
mike piwinski wrote
I love it!!You should let me polish the aluminum on it to finish it off.It would be AWESOME.Shiny Mike
Some nice shiny bits ya got there.  I Love the polished alloy look, but it's a tough job if you don't have the right gear,  looks like you have though.
Mine needs a lot of polishing for sure, my stator cover still has some clear lacquer on it from the factory.
I wish i had a buffing machine for alloy
 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
Piute wrote
NICE O.K.

                  Now I wont to see your ute,HEY I'm An Elchaulic
  That anything like the Ute Indians in colorado, or more like Pi-ute, here's my Elc. (3rd one)
A pic for Piute, of my beaut Holden Ute

Cant say I've heard of Elc ?
My first Ute was a 1978 Holden,  now it's a 1998  model

 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
An update and a few more pics of how my CB is coming along.  Spent heaps of hours on it so far, cleaning and renewing.
I'm only a few parts away from rolling it out the shed

 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Lookin' good! I see new shiny paint! Ooh Aah

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Lookin' mighty fine!  It is looking like a show bike, but I hope you will be putting the miles on it?  Gorgeous bike...  Needs to ridden to show the World a piece of history.    Cheers!

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Thorby
That bike looks  awesome.  I'm itching to find saddle boxes for mine, they will save me a lot of trouble during my daily commute.
Proud owner of stock '76 CB750.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
I'm getting pretty excited about riding this one.   Most of the work i did was done without taking to much apart. I used a paint brush on the frame and swing arm, painted on some thinned out gloss black.
Some parts i replaced and work done include - Carby clean and re kit -  New front master cylinder - rear master cylinder - a set of Koni's for the rear - new seat cover - grips - fuel tap - the correct speedo and tacho cluster - plus more.   I'm waiting on the rear master cylinder for delivery, air filter, oil filter,
Then should be some pics of the finished project.  I will definitely be riding it soon,  however i think this bike will be for sale in the near future.
 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Hey Thorby how about these?

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Thorby
Awesome.  I hope at some point to have my bike geared up just like that and for now the saddle boxes are an actual necessity.

TOOLS1 wrote
Hey Thorby how about these?
TOOLS
Proud owner of stock '76 CB750.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Do, you want those saddle bags? I have them hanging in the shed with the fairing. Would like to see someone else have them.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

glenn hutchinson
was just looking at your bike i also have a 1981 model in good working condition.90,000 on clock no oil leaks lost some compression but still has some grunt. ride it nearly every day,also has original radio cassete player and original wiring under seat No rust as i keep her under raps. body frame in great shape just finish polishing .

there are a couple hanging around victoria
123