1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

wiseman
glenn hutchinson wrote
was just looking at your bike i also have a 1981 model in good working condition.90,000 on clock no oil leaks lost some compression but still has some grunt. ride it nearly every day,also has original radio cassete player and original wiring under seat No rust as i keep her under raps. body frame in great shape just finish polishing .

there are a couple hanging around victoria
Glenn,
I will be posting some more pics soon, as the bike is finished,  just having a bit of trouble bleeding up the brakes.  I will be selling this bike soon, it's just way to heavy for me these days.  Looking for something a bit lighter.
Do you have any idea on what sort of cash i could get for it when i put it up for sale?
I'm assuming you are in Victoria Australia?
 A motorcycle enthusiast with 35 + years of road riding experience, all makes and models.
Location Australia

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

sgtslag
Tools' tried, and true, brake bleeding method is to pump new fluid up the line, from the bleeder valve on the wheel.  He uses 1/4" plastic tubing, and a pump-type oil can:  push brake fluid up the line, into the reservoir, to avoid any bubbles in the system.  Thank Tools, by the way -- he came up with this idea.  Cheers!

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Freewheels
Nice ride,I just received my 82 honda it's also ex cop bike but has been painted black,you can see where the frame,guards,tank etc where all white so I thought you may be interested in what the gauges are like.they are white faced, the tacho is10 x 1000 rpm, the speedo is in 1km marks and looks crowded and goes to 180 kms.At the70 km mark is a small light with meter stop under it and another at 110 km with patrol light under it.My switch blocks are a little different also, left has a P.A. button and right has a mic switch and another with S.M.P.O on it, I guess for patrol lights ?.It is a single seater and came with chrome frames for lights and panniers etc (that I don't have).Once I learn to up load pics I will add a few photo's of it to see the differences and couple of my oter bikes,3 GSX's one a bobber,1 vision xz550 and 1 trumpy 75.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Thorby
Pictures would work better than all that.

Freewheels wrote
Proud owner of stock '76 CB750.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

Freewheels
here are a couple of pics of my toys,

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

New Boy
This is fantastic as this is the first pic I have seen that relates to the Australian market, I have an CB750Fz 1981 model on which is being given TLC and I have being looking for the right decals that go on the tank and your striped decals is what I'm looking for particularly the location points, and my strips are the same as your one, will post photo's later.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

policebikes
I have a 1982 Honda CB750F2C that ex VICPOL.

Very similar configuration to your bike.

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

That is neat. What Police Dept used it?

Re: 1982 Honda CB750 F2 Full Fairing

policebikes
Victoria Police used this model as a stop gap until the vaunted BMW K100RT arrived.
123