2013 CB1100?!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

Johnnylevi
mmmm that F model looks so sweet... I don't really HAVE to get married...or go to college anytime soon.... haha
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

MarkPBG
From the site, it looks like it will arrive stateside around March 2013.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

rrgunslinger
Piute wrote
What's UP with that Fuelly thing you have there,
   clicked on it,HEY I like that ,help keep track of all that crap too.
Yea, that's nice.  Not sure I have the patience to keep it updated...
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

cdaiscool
Doesn't require patience. Requires 20 seconds of your time. Even easier when fueling a car or something that you don't have to hold the nozzle. Other than that, put the nozzle up, send a text, and get the hell outta there. The mpg for your last tank will be waiting for you at your destination.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

MarkPBG
Wow, looked up the specs and they're actually showing the forks are 41mm. I guess that bike is bigger than it looks to make the forks appear small like that.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

easyrider12
$9999 U.S    $13299 CAN    with the exchange rate at par, thats par for the course on pricing DOH!
+freight +pdi +taxes +insurance etc..    I'm still drooling abit though over this one
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

2013 CB1100
Where did this picture come from? I have a CB1100
 on order and I am Interested in getting the exhaust
shown in this picture. Thanks, any info would help.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

blk72750
I found the pic online I think I just googled 2013 cb1100 cafe it's been a couple months. What I found out was the cb1100 has been out in Japan for 2-3 years already and in US and Europe this year for that exhaust it's gonna come from overseas. I actually found some vids of different exhaust on YouTube. Congrats on the new CB, Good Luck.

On Jan 9, 2013, at 11:26 AM, "2013 CB1100 [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where did this picture come from? I have a CB1100
 on order and I am Interested in getting the exhaust
shown in this picture. Thanks, any info would help.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/2013-CB1100-tp4032054p4035065.html
To unsubscribe from 2013 CB1100?!, click here.
NAML

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

2013 CB1100
Thanks for your quick reply. This is a totally unique 4-1 system
in this picture I have not been able to find. Staintune and Pipe
Masters out of Australia are the one's I have found available
and they are hugely expensive... May have to modify stock one.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

Hoosier Daddy
I stopped by the local Stealership for some parts yesterday and asked the salesman. It's due in sometime near April... (bike not the exhaust)
Along with two of the new 500 trio.

The CBR500R sportbike, CB500F naked... and later the third version aimed at the Dual-sport crowd CB500X adventure will arrive. HE's all giddy because for now it's been either a 250 or a gawd aweful fast 600, no novice level in betweeners.

Oh and I drooled over the still "new" 2010 Sabre that's there... again with the siren song it has........ calling me over to her corner of the showroom...  waiting for me to take her back to my place.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / CafeĀ“
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

2013 CB1100
Watching you tube videos yesterday and it showed the tip of the
Cb1100 muffler where the exhaust comes out has a flap. Does
any one know if it can be removed to open up the stock system?

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

rich
See this on Facebook today. Cool look for the CB1100!

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

I want that top triple/clip on setup!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

rich
http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

Sure would like to push the order button!
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

DOOOO   ITTTTTT !!!!!!!!!

well,i dont know about $425 for heated gripslol. A good pair of heated gloves is a fraction of that.Works better and will work on all your bikesSee,I just made it cheaper! Now....DOOO ITTTTT!!!!!!!!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

750K8
I'm not pleased for these reasons:

1) The bike isn't made for someone over 6' tall.

2) The bike resembles as 1979+ CB, and not the earlier years. Why choose 1979?

I'll hold out on a bike that suits taller riders and takes a more classic approach.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

sgtslag
1979 was the year they came out with the DOHC engine, so it seems logical to pattern off of that somewhat.  I agree, though, it looks to be a dead-ringer for the 1979+ models.  I like that, but not everyone is a fan of those bikes' design.  Honda appears to be caching in on the nostalgia marketing so common of late:  bring back designs/items from 20-40 years ago, and get the baby-boomers all excited about reliving their childhood dreams...  It seems to be successful in other markets, why not motorcycles?

It looks like the '79 updated for the new millenium.  It's a return to the classic, tear-drop tank design, the classic engine design (outwardly, at least), with modern updates.  The EFI system, single exhaust muffler (four was hell to replace!), an OEM oil cooler (leaner burning/Ethanol fuels, burn much hotter, and the DOHC's ran hot when only air-cooled, back in the day...), modern disc brakes, heated grips, etc...  I'd love to test drive one, but it would not be a good fit for us for our style of riding.  That's a good thing, as I don't need another payment book.

With everybody trying to be H-D, for the past decade, this is really surprising.  Instead of following, Honda is actually trying to lead, albeit with an old design re-shoed.  I like it.  Time will tell, though.  Cheers!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

750K8
Yea, but the problem is that taller riders can't ride it!

Not that I don't like the 1979 (I think the earlier years look better;  I think there's probably a general consensus on that statement), but the fact that it has a low saddle seat and rearward footpegs render this bike useless for many American Riders.

I have a 1979 CB750k, 1977 CB750, 1972 CB450k, and a 1978 CB125s in my garage. The only uncomfortable bike out of all of those is the 1979 CB750k, no question. My legs are squinched, and it's just uncomfortable (although it rides very smooth). I always felt that my feet were in a bind while riding it which is a safety concern. I gave the bike to my father and he's fine on it. Even the CB128s is FAR more comfortable to me than the 79 CB750k, believe it or not. Hell, I'd drive that one 50+ miles without being sore.

It just seems that Honda could have been more mindful of taller riders, which many of us relatively are. Would have been better if they recreated the earlier years first, but that's my opinion.

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

Hoosier Daddy
Ya know, the more I think about it, for the money, I'd buy a well cared for '90s Big One.

Pumping out 100bhp at 8500rpm the CB1000 has a top speed of around 140mph.
The engine is capable of producing a lot more power than it actually does, but Honda have tuned it for low and mid-range output, and brute acceleration, rather than top speed. This is because without a fairing on it, the CB1000 is a struggle to ride at speeds over 120mph. So it might as well be tuned for eyeball-popping acceleration instead.

 <quote>
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / CafeĀ“
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 2013 CB1100?!

That's a classic problem with Japanese bikes:  North Americans are much taller than nearly all Japanese folks.  I agree, it would be nicer if they made them for taller folks.  I've learned the (limited) importance of seat height, since I got back into riding back in 2006.

A friend's wife is just the opposite:  short.  She got her endorsement, but the Wing they rode was too tall for her.  She needs something around 28" for a seat height, and few bikes go that low.  The ones that do, tend to be too short for her husband!

I'm 5" 11", and my '79 K was alright.  My wife is the same height, but different leg lengths...  We coped well enough on the K, but our Voyager is much better (lower seat height, but still comfortable for our legs on long rides -- could always be better, though).  On 8-hour rides, I don't know that anything would be "ideal".  After so many hours, it seems like nothing is comfortable -- which is a good excuse for us to take a break.

My father's '74 Suzuki 500 Titan had an unusually long wheel base.  He is around 6' tall, and he rode that thing across five states touring, often two-up.  Every bike seems to be quite unique in seat height, wheel base, and how far forward the foot pegs are.  Makes it complicated to try to find one you like in comfort, and everything else!  Seat height usually get you in the ball park...  Cheers!