'77 CB750K air filter upgrade

McMaleus
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get rid of that ugly OEM air filter and replace it with a set of chrome ones like these.  The outside diameter of the carb intake opening is 45.5mm.  The ones I see at Partsnmore come in 42mm and 49 (among others), but I'm not sure if they're referring to inside or outside diameter (I would presume ID of the intake).

Does anyone know for sure?  I'd like to confirm before I have them ship a set over.  They look pretty badass - can't wait to put them on!

As always, thanks for the free advice guys!
'77 CB750K
'79 Yamaha SR 500
'97 Kawasaki KLR 650

Re: '77 CB750K air filter upgrade

Do yourself a favor and either get velocity stacks or spend the dough for K&N pods.
The cheap pods are very troublesome.

Re: '77 CB750K air filter upgrade

McMaleus
Thanks, I think I'll go the K&N route.  I'm sure it's cheaper in the long run!
'77 CB750K
'79 Yamaha SR 500
'97 Kawasaki KLR 650

Re: '77 CB750K air filter upgrade

hc243102
Do velocity stacks filter the air?

Re: '77 CB750K air filter upgrade

Nope. Some have screens to stop larger particles. So if you ride a lot of dirty roads, engine lift will probably be reduced some.