A holes on craigslist

They just P@#% me off. the other day a guy posted a 77 CB 750 A, for $500.00. Said it had a knock at idle, and ran rough. He did not include a phone number, so I e-mailed him. Two days later I get a response to my e-mail. I call him, but no answer, so I left a message. Checked my e-mail just now, and he had e-mailed back. Said he changed the oil, and now it does not knock. He still wants to sell it, but now he wants more money. Screw him.

Re: A holes on craigslist

cheesehead
C-list annoys me too. I want to trade my bike + my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer for a cruiser, but I don't want to post it and deal with a bunch of BS calls and emails. I figure I'll wait until winter time when SUV prices are up and bike prices are down. Unless any of you are interested, hehe..
1981 CB750k  -  SOLD it and regretting it!

Eastern Ohio, Tri-State Area

Re: A holes on craigslist

Just a suggestion   i know all about the woes of craigslist    you might wanna try a site called racingjunk.com    they have a section for street bikes     i have bought and sold ALOT of things on there and,so far,everyone has been super to deal with     just putting it out there

Re: A holes on craigslist

Lucky 1
Thanks for the tip ShinyRibs!
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: A holes on craigslist

Lucky 1
Did he show a photo of the motorcycle?

How do you know he did not dump some straight 60wt. oil into the engine to cover up the knock?
How many miles were on the bike?
The CB750 automatics may be very hard to get parts for.

I think you dodged a bullet.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: A holes on craigslist

It would have been well worth $500.00 to me. Even if the engine was bad. The bike was complete, and original. Also I have a collection of matic parts, and two bikes. I am really into them.

wes

Re: A holes on craigslist

wes
this fella led me on a trail of bs about a kz1000 i really wanted b4 i found my cb. we talked for a month off and on, stood me up twice on a meeting. now he emails me back to see if im still "willin to deal" as he put it. i have looked at a couple jobs that were nothin but scams on there also.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: A holes on craigslist

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Craigslist.  I got my VT700C from a guy in Athens OH via CL.  Price was right for a non-running unit in good overall shape.  Maybe $200 more for parts (tank, a few gaskets, new grips, etc) and a fair amount of labor (free for me :-) ) and she's running good.

Caveat Emptor is the rule with CL.  "Buyer beware".

Re: A holes on craigslist

Yeah cl sucks a lot. My biggest issue with selling things are bs spammers wanting me to give such and such info so they can send payment over what I want to cover "shipping" to some other person because the spammer is out of town.

Re: A holes on craigslist

Piute
After noon 750s,After looking for a "special"750 for 6-7 months leanered a little there on what to watch for,But I new what I wonted was going to get it,NEVER used a computer(regularly)till last year,Job hunting,then bike hunting,now few sights like this and parts.And Did.There are 'A's every were on the 'web'/world,Thats why we do what we do,RIDE,WRENTCH,ride,B.S.,ride,Enjoy the brother hood and get back to what gets us through this all,Where's my 10mm....PiuteRIDE ON

Re: A holes on craigslist

I agree    well said!!!