A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

easyrider12
I'll follow this build Mr Miagi!
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

in Mar, you will have to follow my honda 90 build.   ha!   cheers
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Is it a CT 90? I just helped a buddy restore one. Now he building another one, but is using a Lifin 125cc engine with electric start.

Its's a CD 90 but similar.  You can compare.  There is a new carb for it, but the intake manifold is a bit off.  I was thinking of drilling offset holes, it might be hard to match up. ?? not sure.  the bike was running a few years ago, I heard about those lifan motors.      M

It's actually my dads first bike and its been sitting around the shed.  Thought it would be fun to resurrect the thing,   so it's project "resurrection"

I never asked how he made the transition to the goldwing, lol, there was no mention of any other bike,   ha

Maybe that's when I came along
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Just heard from the machine shop that I took the head to. They checked it out, and said that it needs new valves, and guides. They are going to see if maybe they can make some valves from another engine fit, because I have no earthly idea where to find valves, and guides for this bike.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Bummer,but that sounds doable. Hope it works out for you bud. Good luck!

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Truck
You could try Oceana Cycles in Virginia Beach. Not sure how much they support Japanies bikes, but they work on tons of vintge bikes.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

The new valves have come in. They were custom made by Kibblewhite, For as much as these things cost, I think they should be gold filled.

Now I need to decide if I want to just put it together, re-ring it (custom rings would need to be made), or have a custom piston made, for an over bore.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Only two valves?? Where are the other 14??

That's cool man. Custom parts always make you feel good inside. Does it need rings for sure, or can you squeak by with what you have now.

Oh, and I'm stuck here with 14'' of snow on the ground. I haven't even looked at your parts to be coated.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

14" Is that all? That's just a heavy frost.
About needing rings, I don't know. The cylinder bore is shiny smooth, and I do not have any gauges to measure the taper. However I would guess that now that I have nice new valves, and head gasket to seal things up that the rings will be the weak link.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Lucky 1
The photos are giving me nightmares TOOLS. LOL..lol
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

vingtsous
No need for new rings.........just put some rtv silicone around the piston!!!

1976 cb750 k6  (rebuilding)
1972 cb750 k2 (project)
1986 kawa ex500
1987 shadow 1100
2005 suzuki katana750
2008 klr650
2009 pair of adidas

Québec

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

^^^LOL

Any new progress on this?

I'm jumping on your parts tomorrow.  Sorry for the hold up.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Some, but in the wrong direction. When the machinist filled out the spec sheet for the valves, he did not specify the correct type of groove for the keepers. So now they are sending the valves back to be reground. I am so glad it is on their dime. However I think I need to find another machine shop. Everything they have done for me has had problems. They did the valves, and cam bearings on my buddy Franks Dream that I am restoring, and when we got it back the cams were in backwards, and a fin was bent, and cracked. They did straighten, and weld the fin, and I don't think it will be noticeable, and they did put the cams in correctly, but the center section that holds the cam chain sprocket, and timing advance is in backwards. However I can change that.
No problem with the parts. Still pretty cold here, so not planning to ride anytime soon. I'll PayPal you some expense $$$$$ next week. Thanks!

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

vingtsous
Cold temperature?

It's around -20 here today.....

THAT is cold temperature!

And there's no heat in the garage (not enough).....

Lack of courage.........i'm pretty bored of this winter

Keep riding guys!!!!!!! And hopefully Green house effect will finally make me rid of those Polar winters...

P.S.....i thought about moving to kansas city......and i've just checked temperature.....i think i'll move somwhere else

Is it the usual temperature for you there??
I thought it was a warmer place......

Okay....finished polluting your thread..

1976 cb750 k6  (rebuilding)
1972 cb750 k2 (project)
1986 kawa ex500
1987 shadow 1100
2005 suzuki katana750
2008 klr650
2009 pair of adidas

Québec

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Actually this is unseasonably cold weather for Kansas City. It is not uncommon to be riding all year long here. Last year I remember going riding all night with friends in Feb. I guess global warming is causing a new ice age.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

TOOLS1 wrote
 I'll PayPal you some expense $$$$$ next week.

123