A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

mikeyboy1
leave it alone !?!?!?  you ?!?!  rite

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

mikeyboy1 wrote
leave it alone !?!?!?  you ?!?!  rite

TOOLS

Just got it. I'm a man, and do not do well with cryptic messages. Just ask Toolbabe.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

After the machine shop promised me that the head would be finished last week, today I walked in, and the head, and all the parts were still sitting on the bench. So I picked them up, and thanked them for storing them. I went out, and placed them on the seat of the toolhauler, and drove to a Doctors appointment. After that I drove to another machine shop. I carried them in, and set them on the counter. While doing the ticket the guy mentioned something about cleaning the head. I started to tell him that I wanted to keep the patina, and picked up the head to look at it. That's when I noticed that one of the fins is bent, and cracked. I immediately called the first machine shop, and spoke to the owner/machinist. He did not deny damaging the head, and said that if I (that is me) could find one he would get it for me. Fortunately there is a member of the Kansas City Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club that is from Japan, and is willing to search the Japanese internet for parts for me. I am hoping he can find one. However I am willing to sue, I have had to do it before being a Contractor.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Seriously? Man,damaged fins are so easy to avoid. Why do people insist on tossing these old parts around like they are made of rubber?

I feel for ya buddy. I would have popped a fuse over that one.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Well, after a cooling off period, I decided to get back on Mr. Meguro. I took the head to the machinist at Vee Village where I have been getting my machine work done at now, and they are finishing up the head. They looked over the cylinder, and said it did need an overbore. I have searched everywhere, even had two people search in Japan, one was Mitoyo from cruzinimage_co on ebay, look for an oversized piston and rings. I finely talked to Dave at "Otto Gas Engine" and he suggested putting a sleeve into the cylinder, and then bringing it back to stock bore, and using the original piston. It turned out that the cylinder has been sleeved already, so I made a TOOL to fit into the bore, and press out the sleeve. We just pressed out the sleeve, and it does not look good. The cylinder has three cracks going all the way around it. When you shine a light in it, you can see right through them. Now this would not be a problem, but this cylinder is like a Harley cylinder. It bolts to the case, and the head bolts to the cylinder, not like a Honda that uses studs that go from the case to the head. The only thing that was holding this thing together was the tunnel for the pushrods. I cannot think of any way to weld down in between the fins, but am wondering about making studs going down into the bottom flange to replace the head bolts. Or starting a crowd funding to purchase this new cylinder from Germany http://www.ebay.com/itm/160973128075?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

Can you put up a pic or two of what it looks like? I've got an idea, bit I'm not 100% I know what everything looks like. As far as fastener bosses, that is.

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

I did it. I started a gofundme account to help with restoring the Meguro.
https://www.gofundme.com/ds5nzwvk

Re: A special new bike. Mr. Meguro

cblover
So whats the update with the built? Hope to see more newer pics of it.
123