Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

I go tired of busting my knuckles using 3 screwdrivers to get these spanner nut style fasteners loose. I was going to make on for my wheel tonight but noticed I needed two different sizes.My solution:weld two nubs to an adjustable wrench. Now just adjust it to whatever size you need at that time.

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Lucky 1
You could have used the wrench from your 4 inch grinder.
Mine is from a Dewalt brand.
Your idea is very good also.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

rrgunslinger
That's cool! Wish I could do stuff like that.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

                                               hAkC-jHob
                                 I excpect better welds from you

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

                                               hAkC-jHob
                                 I excpect better welds from you

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

HA! NO kidding.I was hoping they would go unnoticed. Yeah,definitely not pretty welds.It took a lot of heat to penetrate that wrench. Hey man,its hard to weld in a 3/16'' dia circle when the wrench wont flow and your stubs are rapidly disappearing!...plus I was in a hurry.Imagine that...

Lucky,pretty neat that your grinder wrench fit! I still needed two different sizes,though.

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Lucky 1
How I would have built that Cresent wrench /spanner is I would have drilled a hole all the way through and then insert the post and then just put a small tack weld on the back side.
I would use the smooth part from cut off drill bit for the post.

Still a great idea!
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

I tried to drill it initially,but since it is a wrench,well...you know. Didn't happen.Apparently this cheap wrench is not as cheap as I thought.

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Piute

  Paul does the same as you Chrome Ribs,
I ask for A specail tool he says no I try any-/-most any-thing
Then He walks over with something he just welded up or grinded from another tool.

                                             Works in a squeeeezzz

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Vintage
VERY COOL!
1980 CB750F Super Sport
1982 CB900 Custom
1982 XV750 Virago

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Re: Adjustable wrench turned spanner nut wrench

Hoosier Daddy

 The adjustable wrench idea is SLICK!!!
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / CafeĀ“
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!