American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

Went back to my roots last week.

Round 4 of the AMA MX Nationals, Hi-Point, in a place called Mount Morris Pa.

It was kinda cold, overcast, showers on and off.
Me and the bike peek outside, should I stay or should I go?
Heck, they run in the rain, I guess we'll ride in it.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

backroads as much as I can, till the hiway can't be avoided, a good half hour at 5ooo rpm
and poof, the first exit in Pa. on Rt 79.......

Then it's back in the woods......

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

Pretty good crowd, I'd say 20 to 30 thousand.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady

Got as close to staging as I could.
The #2 bike, with the red plates, Ryan Villopoto.
Without question, the fastest, strongest most aggressive dirt rider on the face of the Earth at this point and time.
The red plate denotes he's leading the series in points today.
He doesn;t wreck, he wins.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

dammit, the real world calls, sorry guys I'll finish this later today

Re: American MotoCross 2013

Did you compete in the open class?

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady wrote

Good work buddy. Patiently awaiting the rest of the story...

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
TOOLS1 wrote
Did you compete in the open class?
TOOLS

In my effin' dreams.

How's about a few crap action shots.
Try as I might, I suck at the moving stuff.
Must be the camera

All these are 2nd moto shots, both 250 and 450s.

People wonder, why is a top guy a top guy?
With Villopoto, it looks like he just does everything harder.
Bigger on the jumps, wild, almost out of control in the whoops,
crazy speed in the turns.
And he doesn't get tired.

Look at his front foot, bike keeled over he's almost got to put his boot on his front fender.

The women have a class, the top 3 are pretty fast actually.
But they wreck also.
This girl swapped out at speed, over the bars on a slight downhill,
out like a light for at least 3 minutes.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

The #24 KTM, the orange bike, Marvin "moose" Musquin, a euro that's
one of Roger DeCosters factory riders.  The KTMs were killing it in the 250s.
They were flying, lap times almost as fast as the 450s.

Kill the M?F, Kawasaki Tread Mat, Kick Till Monday, all that stuff is out the window now.

With Ryan Dungey on their 450, running 2nd only to Villopoto, Katoom has it going on.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
After the races I hit the pit area, a few closeups of the #2 bike, just as it' was after winning,
would be cool.  The place was deserted.  I guess everybody was at the podium or watching the final
womens race.
I kinda set up when the #2 rider on green, Jake Weimer showed up and 2 guys from Kawasaki
got right to, I dunno what you'd call it, debrief him.
Jake didn;t seem too happy, said he never really could get in a groove.
Felt the settings were too soft or something, couldn't get the air he wanted, he was bummed.
He looked tired too.

Villopoto showed up, no bike shots, the AMA impounds the winning bike for a bit
in case anybody files to have the bike checked for cheating.

Same thing with him, 2 Japanese guys want to hear how the bike worked.
Opposite from Weimer, he says maybe too much spring, he had a hard time keeping the
bike low in the air.
But heck, he doesn't seem to care, he's happy, today, everything went right.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

Getting ready to get out of there I stop to take a look at a few from the other side.

Re: American MotoCross 2013

motogrady
Administrator

guy told me the LEDs he had in the fairing on the bike above lit the road up like it was daytime.

and lest we forget...

Home before dark, was a good day, that's about it for this one guys.........later all gradooooooooooo