Another day at the office...

Butcherblock
So sitting here at work and reading the forums on my break and thought i would snap a few pics of my work. What do you all do to keep your cb750 habit going?

My favorite, prime rib.

And that is the shop.

And now, back to work...
1982 cb750k 1982 cm200

Re: Another day at the office...

Damn that looks good! Now I'm hungry!
I myself am a full time student. I also work on bikes, and sell parts to support my CB 750 habit. Sometimes I do stage hand work, for locale events also. Used to be a Contractor, and built houses.

Re: Another day at the office...

Hoosier Daddy
Me, Started out as an Automotive Tech foew damn near 20 years... but for the last 15 I'm an Industrial Maintenance Manager. Been at a few factories over the years where I manage the 3 shift Maintenance Department to keep the machines running that make various car parts for the Big 3 and a few imports that are assemble in America. (Honda, Toyota, etc.)
Started out Sheet molding that made hoods, trunks and doors, then Injection molding that made all the plastic bits we cuss at on our cars like the insurment clusters, dash vent outlets, and window / door switch bezels. Now I am at a place that forms, bends, and welds exhaust systems.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: Another day at the office...

I sling coke and pimp h....oh,day jobs???? HVAC here. Been at it since I was 9. Yep,9. My Dad started the business in 1985. It's what I would do during my summer vacation from school and every Saturday during the school year:go to work.When I was 12 I got in trouble for having a couple hundred dollars on me. Teacher wanted to know where I got it. It took a phone call to my Dad to get it straightened out:)

Butcher.Is that $7/lb bacon I see??

Re: Another day at the office...

Lucky 1
Did the teacher think about getting a new job? LOL...lol

Reminds me one summer I was working at A U.S. AFB as a jet engine mechanic helper on a summer job.
I was getting $4.32 per hour not kidding. I was a Viet Nam vet and was 26 years of age.
I was asked if I had ever been to a protest and they asked if I was a communist. Not kidding.
Isn't going to a protest a American right?  Anyway.....

A young man showed up one day and was digging a trench for a plumbing line.
He said he was getting $18.00 per hour.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Another day at the office...

Lincoln Highway Bullitt
I was a welder/machinist for 18 yrs. started a little side Tig welding business that I still do but I got tired of breathing that welding gas for a living so now I work for a welding supply company and I deliver all the gases.
Making Laps, Twisting the Throttle and Cruzz control, it just don't get any better!

Re: Another day at the office...

barelycompetent
What do I do, well lets just put it this way, Im someone that is never there when you need me, but always there when you dont!  Been doing that for 17yrs now.  I was a butcher myself way back in the day, worked there all through high school, then decided I wanted to have more action, and less things that can hack or cut my fingers off, got in a fight with a meat cuber when I was 16yrs old, and lost, still have those scars on three of my fingers, never cut anything off though!  Great now you have me craving some rib eyes, and we just got an inch and half of snow on the ground, no grilling for me!
I know enough to get me in trouble.

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special(current cafe, code name El Diablo Rojo)

1981 CM400C, completed project (code name Home Wrecker)

1981 CB750K, completed project (code name Winter Blues)
SOLD 9-21-2013 gone but certainly not forgotten.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: Another day at the office...

barelycompetent wrote
What do I do, well lets just put it this way, Im someone that is never there when you need me, but always there when you dont!  Been doing that for 17yrs now.  I was a butcher myself way back in the day, worked there all through high school, then decided I wanted to have more action, and less things that can hack or cut my fingers off, got in a fight with a meat cuber when I was 16yrs old, and lost, still have those scars on three of my fingers, never cut anything off though!  Great now you have me craving some rib eyes, and we just got an inch and half of snow on the ground, no grilling for me!
So, your a barely competent cop?

Re: Another day at the office...

Haha! Cop was my guess, too. If he IS a cop can I ban him?!?!   Just kidding :)

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: Another day at the office...

Obstruction of Justice .....

Re: Another day at the office...

The main job is Network Consulting Engineer for C**** Systems, one of the largest providers of network equipment.  I'm a field guy, which means I travel about 90% of the time. I've been in 30 states in the US, 5 provinces in Canada, and 3 states in Mexico.

Not only does it support my MC habit, but it also allows my wife to do her dream job: buying and selling of rare antiquities (aka Junking). She's got the buy low, sell high thing down pretty good.

Luke M
(who thought he put stuff like this in his .signature file, but could have been mistaken...)

Re: Another day at the office...

Just don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Re: Another day at the office...

Johnnylevi
Right now I'm working for a company owned by the Bay Area News Group called the contra costa times, trained and licensed EMT( Emergency Medical technician) and going to school full time for fire fighting
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: Another day at the office...

Good on ya Johhny!  And you too Barely.

Fire,Rescue,EMT,Police...etc IMO are probably the most thankless jobs in the world.

Thanks for doing what ya'll do!

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: Another day at the office...

Butcherblock
Ditto what shiney said. Most of the world appreciates what you do, even if they don't say it!
1982 cb750k 1982 cm200

Re: Another day at the office...

MarkPBG
I deliver stuff for the guys in the red, white, and blue trucks. Here's a shot from my office window during a cold winter day.....

Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Another day at the office...

MarkPBG wrote
I deliver stuff for the guys in the red, white, and blue trucks. Here's a shot from my office window during a cold winter day.....

You SUCK!!!!!!!!!