Brake Fluid

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Brake Fluid

MarkPBG
Wish I had that page printed out back at the auto parts store…explaining all that to dozens of customers each day sucked! lol

And they're right about one thing….DON'T mix the two types. They really do form that sludge that stops your car or bike about as good as water!
I would only change fluid types if the whole braking system was freshly rebuilt with NEW seals everywhere, INCLUDING the master cylinder reservoir cap. Those rubber seals might be designed to keep fluid on one side or the other, but over time they do absorb tiny amounts of whatever type of fluid they've been in contact with, and if you switch, without changing those seals, you get the same detrimental effects as mixing fluids.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Brake Fluid

I learned something else. Thanks again mark

Re: Brake Fluid

seestheday
Thanks for that.  I thought about copying the text here, but realized that the guy is trying to sell stuff on his site, and that content is there to attract buyers.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Brake Fluid

You could have left that. I doubt it was his text as the info is available elsewhere.
Anyways, I use a dot 4 synthetic. With my braided line, it has worked excellent.