Brake master cylinder

bsporty
Hey guys, I know yall are going to hate me for asking this.I am sure I can find it somewhere but Ive been trying all day and now Im just frustrated.
i have a '78 CB750F.I need to buy a master cylinder.I don't want to buy a rebuild kit cause my bf is already sick of trying to fix my bike.He installed new steel braided lines, we bleed the brakes and I got nothing.I bought this bike last year and I have only been able to ride it around the block once.I am heart broken.
I cant find anyone who sells a master cylinder specific to my year/bike. I have tried dime city cycles. fourintoone, and so many more I really cant even remember.
Do i need to go to a dealership?
sorry in advance for being annoying
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Re: Brake master cylinder

Front, or rear? Here is a link to vintageCB750.com http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/2/chassis-brakes/81/rear-brake-parts They have rebuild kits for both your front, and rear brake master cylinders. If it is the front, I would suggest you also buy the special snap-ring pliers for the master cylinder they sell.

Re: Brake master cylinder

bsporty
thanks so much for the reply...I have seen many of your posts and I know you are the real deal.
Im not really interested in a rebuild kit, but is that my only option?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Re: Brake master cylinder

Definitely get the pliers. You wont regret it. They're not needed on a rear master cylinder though, just the front. But if you're rebuilding one is highly likely that the other one will need the same attention very soon. Might wanna take a good look at your calipers as well.

Brake kits are cheap and easy to install. Lots of peace of mind for the time and money invested.

Never hesitate to post up or ask. We're here to help. It makes us feel needed and special. :D

Re: Brake master cylinder

bsporty
OH! I did forget to state that I was looking to replace the front master cylinder.You are right though... I know as soon as one thing is replaced the rest will want attention too lol
I will invest in the pliers for sure.Thanks so much guys.I really appreciate the responses.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Re: Brake master cylinder

Here is a link to a replacement master cylinder that I have used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281130691184?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
If you replace yours, you will not need the pliers.

Re: Brake master cylinder

That's a nice looking m/c. The set screw adjusts lever position?

Re: Brake master cylinder

No it does not adjust lever position, it just adjusts when the lever hits the piston.

Re: Brake master cylinder

bsporty
I am awaiting shipment of a rebuild kit from the place you showed me.Thanks Tools.
Im so exited!
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Re: Brake master cylinder

Here is a good video on rebuilding the Honda master cylinder.