Broken bolt securing the tachometer cable to the engine

Broken bolt securing the tachometer cable to the engine

Griffin
On the 1980 cb750k there is a small bolt keeping the tach cable in. I believe mine is broken off because it can't be tightened it just slides all the way in. I'm planning on pulling the cam cover soon, how much more needs to be broken down to get the lower portion of that bolt where I think it's broken off.
Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray

Re: Broken bolt securing the tachometer cable to the engine

If the bolt just slides in and out, then it is usually either too small, or the threads are stripped. But, how short is the bolt?