Bummer Big Time!

sheldonth
O.K. So I screwed up.
I bought an ugly bike with a pretty motor, a 1978 ratted out frame with an I don't know
750e engine. The engine ran nice enough that I was very interested in buying it for my
1979 honda. The 79 was missing an engine but was all there and a nice looking bike
with only 14000 on it. The 78 motor does not fit on the bottom motor mount
and I have now been told it won't work at all, although modifications are already
buzzing through my head. It looks like the other motor mounts may line up, but what do
I know. I don't wish to ruin two nice items trying to marry them, so I need a
good Honda Pro who has messed with these older bikes, to steer me right.
   I have all this nice stuff, and am wondering wether to sell, or try to get on
with this project.
   I can't even find anyone who will tell me what motor I have by the numbers grrrr.
How frustrating!
Anyone want some nice stuff?
Too much to list here.
Sincerely,
garner42@juno.com

Re: Bummer Big Time!

ohara
i'm no expert, but go to hondabikes.net post your situation and maybe pics.  theres a lot of experience there.  also try hondachopper.com. good luck and be patient, don't rush it

Re: Bummer Big Time!

CBman
Here is a site that will help with model and frame numbers.

re: putting a SOHC 750 into a DOHC 750 honda good luck there as everything will be a pain in the ass.
http://www.hondachopper.com/
SEE ENGINE SECTION

Also, try out these other good sites
https://www.partsnmore.com/
http://www.oldmanhonda.com/
http://www.homemadehonda.com/
Good Luck
Chris

Re: Bummer Big Time!

machine head
try the sohc4.com there is a spot with id numbers.