Cafe Racers

sockmonkey20
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Honda: 1981 CB750k (non-op)
Mostly stock.
Kawasaki:1984 gpz 550(daily)
A/M exhaust 4-1, stage two carburettor jets

Re: Cafe Racers

motogrady
Administrator
Man, I'm agonizing over the same thing.

When I used to set up a dirt bike for racing
I'd put the bike on a stand, sit on it,
close my eyes and hold my arms out where they were comfie.
Then get bars to fit that.

but, if you're going for a certain look, clubmans or clipons
seem to designate a cafe.

The guys that started it, this is what they used..........

Ebay, you can pick a few from there.

Re: Cafe Racers

Butcherblock
 I am six foot and drive an '82 k model. I like super bike bars for the comfort, and I feel I can tuck myself well enough when iwant to. I have debated putting clip ons and clubmans before, but it would require more changes than i am willing to make. I cant sacrifice day to day riding for something that " may " be better.  However , my project is a cm200 that someone "started" to cafe (read : disassembaled and collected some cool parts) that I am going to finish over the course of the winter. And it does have clip ons.
1982 cb750k 1982 cm200

Re: Cafe Racers

seestheday
Everyone's body is different.  You might have long legs and short torso, someone else may be the opposite.

I'm 6 foot, and I am really comfortable riding with some flat drag bars ($20) and universal rearsets mounted on the passenger pegs.

Before I put the rearsets on I always felt like my hips were bunched up on long rides.  After riding the rearsets for a while I can't believe that I ever rode without them.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Cafe Racers

Lucky 1
My recommendation for cost , comfort, and looks are the Cycle -X Super bike bars.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Cafe Racers

tcazes
i put clubmans on my 82 sc and it was miserable to ride plus it would hit the tank on full lock. i put them welds up and it is super comfortable. if you want clubmans id be happy to sell you mine. i want some super moto bars (moto x style)