Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Ghost-Flame
I am one who likes to look at videos when I,m learning something. Then look at the manual then go back to the video. Then take it to my local shop.... Just kidding. Time I have money, not so much. I thought these were pretty good for us guys and girls that may not have done this before. If you want to rebuild the carb, Get your re-build kits then, look at the carb cleaning video. Th carb cleaning video should be all you need for re-jetting the carb as well.

Carbs cleaning video (there are 3 parts to this you tube will direct you to 2 and 3)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exa467_eoXw&feature=relmfu

Adjusting Floats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiUDoXiPcKE&feature=relmfu

Adjusting the idle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpQjDQzX7g&feature=related

Carbs Leaking repair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxX232tCAVo&feature=relmfu

Sync-ing carbs on a DOHC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rge7Totfrio this should work for models between 1979 to 1982

Happy Motoring! and saving $$$$$$$$$$

1980 CB750C DOHC
It's never too late to start something new!

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Moving this one to the Repairs and Write-Ups section, and pinning it for a couple of weeks.  Hope that's OK.

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

                                               videos for dummies N Piute

                                                                                       TANKs Ghost Guy

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Ghost-Flame
Thanks Luke!

Piute, We all Dummies! Like Garth Brookes says, "we all here, cuz he's not all there!"
1980 CB750C DOHC
It's never too late to start something new!

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Piute

   I've got an excuse and used the best neurologist in the U.S.
 In case some-one needs a good excuse ,Dr. Stainko from Transylvania Operates out of Stout University in Wis. .

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

seestheday
Since this is pinned, should we link all of the carb cleaning resources here?

Edit: here is the link that applies to cleaning the DOHC carbs: http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/DOHC-carb-cleaning-procedure-td867809.html
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

Lucky 1
The new plastic floats are so light they will NOT depress
the float spring even with the float resting on it.
You would have to push the float down with your finger.

With the older brass floats that was an issue but not anymore.

BTW on that first video the guy measures 13.393 that is not 14.5mm
But with a digital caliper you saw it jumping all around. Aggrevating!

Just get a good dial 6 inch caliper that reads in thousandths.
Get the one that is 0-.100 thousandths in one revolution.
It is the most common.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Cleaning and adjusting a carberaters best videos for dummies: This ought to be pinned at the top

I wanted to correct this after almost 3 years. How timely I am!
The plastic floats WILL compress the float spring. About the only time that might not happens is with crappy float needs.
The original honda needles compressed and the aftermarket ones did to. So, turn the rack at an 45 degree angle and then measure.

And the measurement, is 14.5mm +-.5, so, in effect, 14-15mm. A mm is not that small, just use an accurate ruler.