carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
I rebuilding some round top carbs on my 78 750. The left two carbs have a float valve
That hangs from the back of the floats.
The right two valves have a different setup to where
There is a small tab on the back of the floats that kinda
Push down on the valves. Is this normal?

Re: carb float needle valves

Nothing you said is normal. The 78 should have keyhole carbs, and if they were changed to round tops, they should all have tabs on the floats that are in front of the pivot pin. Do you have pictures?

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
These are the float valves i was talking about. Two different kind in same set of carbs.
The vin on the engine is 750E-3611** so im pretty sure
Its a 1978 ? Any suggestions?

Re: carb float needle valves

Pictures of the carbs would be a big help.

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
I know there round tops. Gimme a few mins to take a
Pic and ill post. Thanx for your patience

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
I'm still putting this back together. Hope this helps

Re: carb float needle valves

Yep, those are round tops. They use a needle that looks like the one with the little wire clip.

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
Thanks for rhe info. Could recommend a site with a good rebulid kit. Looks like i only have two of those valves?
Also was i correct with the year?

Re: carb float needle valves

Yes you do have a 78. As for places to get parts, there is a thread at the top of the home page here listing several places to get parts, however I get most of mine from CB750supply.com, or vintagecb750.com.

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
Thanks tools. All the info is a huge help. Heres a pic of my starting point.
Think im going get the tail redone and maybe a little stretch. I have a sweet
Wideglide frontend that will look badass on this thing.

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject
Gonna have to try again when im hooked to wifi. Not letting me upload photo for some reason.

Re: carb float needle valves

Lachopperproject