Cool idea for the toolbox

Found this on another forum. It was too cool not to share

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?p=142153#142153

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox

sgtslag
Requires a login to access...  Can you copy and paste the relevant text?  Cheers!

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox

Really? My mistake. I'll get it taken care of.

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox-homemade bead roller

Here we go:

Joined: 17 Apr 2009

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Home-made "Bead-roller" Reply with quote
I'm posting this hope it'll help others like it did me.

A while back I needed to trim a stainless radiator pipe in my Cobra and needed a way to bead the end so the hose would stay on the trimed end. When I started looking around for a tool to do it with I quickly figured out that I didn't want to pony up the bucks for one. Then I found a description for a home made one on a tuner site of all places. I imagine there are a few others that have experienced this same delema and here is how I handled it. This "tool" is made from a pair of vice grips, a muffler clamp saddle and a woodruf key. Using it on stainless got my forarms quite pumped but if it'll word on stainless, it aughta work on any tubing. The best part is that even buying new VGs the total cost was -$20. The following pics should be pretty easy to follow but if you have questions fire away.

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox

                                                       NOT BAD

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox-homemade bead roller

mikefootusa
Sweet!  Necessity is the mother of invention.  I use JB weld on things like this...then I can reuse the main tool with the application of a little heat and some wire-brush cleanup.
In 1972 I had to make a choice...quit riding...or quit drinking.  God says it's safe to get back in the saddle now...at least I'm still alive...and feel more alive with the wind in my face!  Now riding "Helen Black"...1982  CB750SC.

Re: Cool idea for the toolbox-homemade bead roller

Not a bad idea Mike.See,one good idea is made even better than another.