DOHC Manual Rewrite

Manual
I mentioned in my member build that I am working on recreating the 400+ page FSM for the DOHC bikes. I am literally, transcribing the old text and turning it into a PDF that can be searched and has hyperlinks. I am adding additional sub-content to make locating items easier.

I don't want to just recreate the manual I want to improve it, with YOUR help! My idea is to add some additional sections to bring the manual into this century. My First idea was to add a Post-Factory Modifications section where member hacks/mods/ideas can be added. The second is a "Motivation" section with pictures of members bikes who have helped contribute content. About contributing content....

I am about through the first chapter of the book and since I am updating it the idea of using greyed out distorted factory images is haunting me. I would appreciate any help getting content that is similar to the factory pictures. All it has to be is a picture that is similar to one in the manual e-mailed to me with a page# of the original photo. I can handle all editing and will credit you in the manual for your submission.

The submission address is  dohcmanual at gmail dot com

The other option is for everyone to see nothing but pictures of my bike! I plan on going through all of the text first and leaving the factory images as placeholders. As always I welcome your input on ideas to add or other angles to pursue.

Also, I apologize in advance for choosing the DOHC manual but I own a DOHC so that is where I started. Depending on how the DOHC goes maybe an SOHC will follow!

Re: DOHC Manual Rewrite

lostson
Sweet, anxious to see the finished product.

Re: DOHC Manual Rewrite

That's mighty nice of you to do! Im sure alot of folks would get alot of use out of something like that.

Re: DOHC Manual Rewrite

cdaiscool
I've got an '81 CB750K and can gladly/easily take shots of my bike. Someone could take a section, name them for the page number they replace, and send 'em to you the address you provided?
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: DOHC Manual Rewrite

Manual
That would be great cda! I ma still going through the pages and getting the formatting the way I want it to be. As you can imagine the process is slow and the OSR software I have tried so far is "no mas".