Installing Carbs

lobster
When putting carbs back on, I use two short ratcheting motorcycle tie downs with hooks on each end.
Attach one end to the # 1 carb where the air box manifold would normally go, and the other to the front blinker. Attach the other one to the # 4 carb. and blinker, be sure to keep bars straight then ratchet tight tell carbs pop on. A little spray lube helps as well.
Hope this helps.
Lobster
Monrovia California
1978 CB 750F
1964 305 CA77

Re: Installing Carbs

seestheday
Nice tip
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Installing Carbs

Scary!! Just use some spray silicone lube on the rubber boots, and the carbs, and they will work right on.

Re: Installing Carbs

seestheday
Maybe you need this much force if you have insulators that are super hard and should probably be replaced?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Installing Carbs

lobster
That's a good point. you don't really need to ratchet them down to much, just enough to pop them on,
and hold them so you can tighten them down.
If you have old intake manifolds and you want to get up and running this is a good method.
Works for me every time.
Monrovia California
1978 CB 750F
1964 305 CA77

Re: Installing Carbs

trapper
It's an interesting concept. Though, I would probably run the strap across the carbs and loop it in front of the forks, hooking it to itself, instead of hooking it to the outside carbs and turn signals. Try to make an even pressure across them. Just sounds safer to the carb bank and turn signals if you ask me. But, like I said. Interesting concept.
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Installing Carbs

Lucky 1
A lobster should be able to get them on!! LOL..lol
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Installing Carbs

FastCletus
I tried this (never saw it posted on here) and strapped the strap inbetween 3 and 4 carbs as well as in between 1 and 2 carbs.  I attacched the hooks onto frame and front tire.  Ratchedted them down just taught and tightened carb boots.  Seemed a gentle way of holding them in place and tight on boots.  Like the silicone idea better
@FastCletus552 aka Jimmy C, buildin' rides out of Napa CA
Current Build 1980 CB 750 F
Finished Build 1975 CB 500T Cafe Racer - SOLD
2002 Ducati 998 Biposto
2005 Rossi #46 Scooter