Damn it's Hot

OnyxWolf
Decided to ride to work today and save some gas. It was about 88 degrees on the way in, a little warm but enjoyable. 40 minute ride home in 112 degrees, not as much fun. What the hell was I thinking?
'79 CB750K

Somewhere in Phoenix...Damn its hot

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ Second Amendment of the United States

Re: Damn it's Hot

What a person wears makes a huge difference. I stay away from black. Aside from being all cliche, black soaks up a lot of heat.

Re: Damn it's Hot

free2ride
OnyxWolf wrote
What the hell was I thinking?
riiiiddde . . . it clouds out any other thought.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Damn it's Hot

It was 101°F here the other day and rode out to give a buddy with some stuff. Long pants, full face noggin protector and an armored jacket. I hardly ever wear gloves, but should get in to the habit.

Admittedly, that ride would have sucked if I planning on a lot of stop and go traffic, but there's not much of that in my area.

Seriously consider a ventilated or mesh jacket. The jacket will shade you from the sun while still allowing full airflow, provided you get a good quality jacket.

I get lots of looks, and sometimes a few remarks, when I'm walking around in my jacket, but they just won't believe it's cooler with it than without.

I highly recommend the Baron mesh from River Road. I normally wear a 1X K large, but since I don't plan to use this jacket with its removable liner ( I have a non-mesh  jacket for cold weather) I bought one size smaller. Nice and snug as an armored jacket should be.

Re: Damn it's Hot

OnyxWolf
It was a white t-shirt and jeans for me. I'll be looking into a decent vented jacket soon. Yeah the ride was fine just didn't think about the sun in the afternoon. Oh well, I'll stick to morning rides on the weekends till it cools off a bit here in Hel...I mean Phoenix.
'79 CB750K

Somewhere in Phoenix...Damn its hot

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ Second Amendment of the United States

Re: Damn it's Hot

lol. Well, I didn't realize you were in Pheonix. I need to send you some humidity then