Eastwood's tin zinc plating kit- Any experience?

Eastwood's tin zinc plating kit- Any experience?

Anyone ever used one of these deals?

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-tin-zinc-electroplating-system.html

I've got several things I could use it on,just wondering if it's worth the expense.

Re: Eastwood's tin zinc plating kit- Any experience?

cdaiscool
In my thread, regarding the carbs, TOOLS recommended it. Also saw various other good reviews on other threads when doing other looking into it.

No personal experience thus far, however.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Eastwood's tin zinc plating kit- Any experience?

seestheday
I'm pretty sure I read a thread on the DOHC F site about a guy that used it on his rebuild.  Things turned out amazingly well.  Bike ended up looking cleaner than when it rolled off the assembly line.

As for it being worth the expense, I guess that is up to you.  It's really just cosmetic right...
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Eastwood's tin zinc plating kit- Any experience?

Cosmetic and corrosion resistance,too. It'd be nice to have a bike with all brand new looking hardware. It just seems that the coating would build up in the threads and cause issues.