Few problems with my 750 any help would be appreciated

Few problems with my 750 any help would be appreciated

honda_rat
Ok i have a 1975 Cb750 is in a santee frame bought the bike about a month ago. I took it out for its first ride last week and the shift linkage broke. I was going no faster then 5 MPH but the bike will not come out of first gear now. I put a new linkage on but its still stuck in first. Im concerned that i may have jammed the shift linkage back when it broke and maybe tweaked the shaft thats coming out of my transmission? But then if that was the case the shaft wouldnt move would it? It moves freely but just wont come out of first gear... any suggestions would help thanks alot for reading.