Garage floor repair material?

MarkPBG
Since my house doesn't have a garage, but it does have a garage sized den with a big side door, I'm turning it into my motorcycle shop. I got cabinets, workbenches, air compressor, and even an automatic overhead fire suppression system.

When I was tearing out a poorly made closet, the floor got some big chips in it from where the footers where power-nailed in. Does anyone have any experience on what kind of filler to use to make the floor smooth again, that hopefully the epoxy garage floor sealer I bought will bond to just like the rest of the concrete?

Thanks for any tips.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Garage floor repair material?

Hydraulic cement. The stuff bonds so well that it's water tight. Hence the name. It's what you use to seal cracks in foundations/basement walls when you water have water leaks in them.

Re: Garage floor repair material?

Oh,fiberglass resin and Bondo work well,too.

Re: Garage floor repair material?

MarkPBG
I think I'll try that hydraulic cement. Home Depot has a little bucket and I can also use it to seal up the settling crack that runs across the den floor. Bonus. :)
Thanks!
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Garage floor repair material?

rickalbert
Does anyone here has any garage door repair experience if yes pm me, i want to get some suggestions for doing garage door spring repair.