HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma
This post was updated on .
so guys my friend started his restoration on a 1979 CB750 police version
this is how the bike looked pic is obviously from another site
EDIT: Sorry for the wrong pic  earlier here is the pic of the bike i have now
i will try to get a bette pic

he wants to install the CB750-F rear end assembly. the pic of the desired conversion is below

we started some modification at our garage here are the pics but not sure
if we are going in the right direction

we would like to know what parts would be required to make
the swap to the F model rear

thanks

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

The bike in the first picture is a SOHC CB750. But you say your buddy has a "79" model, that would be a DOHC bike. Which one does he have? That makes a big difference in how to go about doing a rear disc brake conversion.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma
hi tools

i have removed the wrong pic
and attached  actual pics of the bike.

hope this helps.
i will try to get some more pics later.

BTW is there is one else on the site . nobody seems to pitch in . i really value your inputs tools
it has been a great help.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

That is a DOHC bike. The best way to go about doing a rear disc conversion would be to get a 79-83 CB750 "F" swingarm, wheel and brake master cylinder. Everything but the master cylinder will just bolt right on. You will need to fab up a bracket for the master cylinder, but that should not be hard to do.
There are other people on the site, but it has really slowed down in the last few years. It seems that peopel want to use other forms of social media where they can get instant attention to their question/comments, wether or not they are correct, or positive. The few of us that are still around are die hard bike nuts, and want to keep these old bikes up and running.
At some point I am sure that someone will come on and you will be in a position to help with tecnical questions, or offer encouragement with their project.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

Are you wanting to swap the F model rear swingarm/ brake over, too? Or just the seat and rear cowl?

Awesome project. Are you making your own body panels? Looks like fun!

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma
Actually we want to get the overall look of the F model
But currently we want to swap the rear cowl and panels

The pics are from our fabricator . Dosent seem to match the F body panels too well though

I was able to find a seller for F panels on another CB forum
Hope he doesn't charge a leg and an arm for the parts

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

I am impressed with your fabricator's skill, if he made that side cover.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma
pretty nifty guy i would say

but the panel dosent quite match up.
lets see how this progresses.

we hope to have the bike up and running in the next 4 months

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

Look like he's definitely got the skills to pull it off. But yeah, that panel does stop short of where a factory panel would go. If he's got good pictures to reference I think you'll eventually get there.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

TOOLS1 wrote
There are other people on the site, but it has really slowed down in the last few years. It seems that peopel want to use other forms of social media where they can get instant attention
Sadly, I think there's a ton of truth in that. Every forum I go to is like this now.

I don't come here as much as I used to as my current projects aren't related to the forum, but I do hope to revive the 1100F thread soon. Still waiting on parts for the XL500 project, too. This place was hopping at one time.

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma

Found these parts for our project on FB
Guy wants 300 for the panels and tank minus the carbs

Do u guys think this is a good deal
We spoke to a mech in India who has experience in cb750s
He says the body panels and seat and tank need some modification  to fit on our K model

Is he right ?
We are almost ready to buy this set and get our conversion started

Thanks

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

That dent does not look too bad. It would not be hard to fix. However I do not know what it is worth. I guess the question is, how much is it worth to you?

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

kar1zma
Yeah the dent isn't bad
It's all original parts and we get the look we want

But are the parts a direct fit  or do we need anyfabrication
On the frame

Re: HELP converting CB750K to CB750F rear assembly

I would guess that you might have to add/move some tabs to attach them.