New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

Asomatous
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
There once was a man who lived in a shoe. He woke up every morning and said "What shall I do?". After years of struggle and financial strife. He bought a new home and married his wife. Many years later he started to hate her. She didn't come home soon after, they were through. He traded her belongings for a bigger shoe, a boot this time.. Not one but two.. they were made of leather and they fit him much better. They say he never took them off, its true. He bought a motorcycle that was built in Japan. The Harley guys laughed, thinking he was less of a man, until he fired up the bike and let them hear how it ran. That CB750 how it revved quite quickly. Four carbs and disc brakes.. Hey, that's kind of nifty! He laughed and smiled as he sped away quickly. No destination in mind, he rode just to unwind. A new freedom, his dream come true...

Re: New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

Asomatous
This post was updated on .
Ive got the carbs, ones headers, the breathers and sidecovers in a box.

[...]

Very nice! Always good to have a parts bike.
Get the manual here and there is a wiring diagram if you need it.
Welcome and never be afraid to ask questions.

Re: New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

Asomatous
Thanks a lot for the welcome. I definitely needed the manual and diagram. Save myself from a headache later.

 I just got everything put up and checked out. Nothing seems to be missing. Its all here, either in a box or on the bikes, so woohoo!

I popped open the front master cylinder on the black bike to find an encrustulated crystal type gel substance.. lol.. YAY  Ill get some pics soon. I'm hoping I can clean it and rebuild.

One gas tank looks great and the other is terrible.

Its just going to take time, some cash and a little TLC.
I'm probably going to do a few videos on the repair/rebuilds just for fun.
[...]

It's always good to document the process.  Digital cameras/camcorders are so handy. I think you'll encounter LOTS of surprises making one good bike out of two. I agree with Re-Run: go slow, think it through before digging in, ask questions, measure twice/cut once, and so on.

It'll be so cool when you fire up that motor for the first time.  I remember getting my bike going the first time.  That little stutter when it almost caught, and then when it roared to life was worth all the work. Makes me want to go get another beater, just to get another one running.  Ya can't have too many bikes, can ya?

Re: New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

Asomatous
Right on man. Thanks for the advice. I've never been too confident or proud to ask questions. I'm taking this project very seriously and above all things I care about safety and doing things right. After all, human limb or life could be the consequence...

You folks seem to have your helmets on straight here.

A friend of mine told me this; "When you rebuild a bike, you start from the road and go up. Tires, wheel bearings, chain & sprocket, BRAKES!, forks, shocks and so on. Then you wont be second guessing anything when you finally fire that puppy up and want to cruise around the block."

Sounded like solid advice to me. Do you folks agree?

[...]

Yup, always make sure things roll and stop right, first.

Re: New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

toytuff
WooHoo! Another Honda saved from the eBay parting it out devils!

tt

Re: New member here with some CB750 f2/f3 news!

MSGQ
Right on!  I just went through the brakes front and rear from a 1977 CB750f.  I have to admit I'm a little jealous at the amount of calipers you have to work with!  Rebuild kits and pistons are readily available.  So far the single best tool I've used in my efforts has been the dremel with a 160 piece kit!