Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

MarkPBG
This guy spent 3 years on a classic motorcycle going ALL over the place. I like the title of the video too...."When Were You Young?"

https://vimeo.com/34638170
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

Woooo....that was a big snake!

What do people like this do for money? Daddy? I'd love to go on a 3 year road trip,but sadly,I have to work.

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

shinyribs wrote
What do people like this do for money? Daddy? I'd love to go on a 3 year road trip,but sadly,I have to work.
Same here.

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

barelycompetent
Damn that was a big snake!!!  I dont know about a 3yr trip, but I would sure love to attempt an Iron Butt ride, either on my Honda, or my hardtail chopper.  Hmmmm, I think the wife would let me do that before taking a 3yr ride lol.  I still hate that snake....
I know enough to get me in trouble.

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special(current cafe, code name El Diablo Rojo)

1981 CM400C, completed project (code name Home Wrecker)

1981 CB750K, completed project (code name Winter Blues)
SOLD 9-21-2013 gone but certainly not forgotten.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

seestheday
I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm assuming it isn't showing him staying in 4 star hotels, more of a focus on the experience.

Could be family money.

Could be something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifestyle_business

Could also be just some saved up cash and living very frugally.  There are lots of countries where you can live for very little money, you just need to basically sleep on floors etc.

There was a movie made about a guy who lived for a month in the US living on what people gave him from craigslist ads.  He traveled a fair bit and couch surfed a lot.

There was also this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless) that basically lived a hobo lifestyle traveling across the US and Mexico for 2 years.  This dude ended up dying because he decided it would be a good idea to move to Alaska and live off the land with no experience though...

Some more links:
https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/about
https://www.airbnb.com/info/how_it_works?af=3646929&c=srch_link1_eng&gclid=CIHItPC7z7YCFUWK4AodMEMAxQ
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

My cb750 video site

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

rich
I watched that video sometime ago. Sent me into a state of depression when I started reflecting on how much fun I HAVE NOT had.

Youth is wasted on the young.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

Sees'-"I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm assuming it isn't showing him staying in 4 star hotels, more of a focus on the experience. "

Understood. I'm just saying I gots bills in the meantime

That's horrible about him getting hurt.

Re: Holy crap, I thought I had lived a full life so far....

Lucky 1
Trust fund.

Loan from the parents.

The poor people have to work everyday.