How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

I'm trying to figure out a good, safe way to get my fishing pole tied on to my bike. I've thought about the things I used to have on my 4 Wheeler to strap a rifle to the rack, but I've never seen them that would mount on the handle bars. I'm not sure that's such a good idea anyway. I can get all my tackle in my back pack just fine. Just not sure what to do with the pole.

Any ideas?

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

barelycompetent
Heres a thought, take a piece of pipe or pvc pipe and make a rod holder similar to a flag holder.  Figure out a way to clamp it on the rear of the bike and just drop your pole in and fly it like a flag.   Or if your fishing pole breaks down you could again make some sort of small tube it will slide into and mount it across your bars.  Just a few thoughts.
I know enough to get me in trouble.

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special(current cafe, code name El Diablo Rojo)

1981 CM400C, completed project (code name Home Wrecker)

1981 CB750K, completed project (code name Winter Blues)
SOLD 9-21-2013 gone but certainly not forgotten.

2009 USA Choppers Bad Boy, rigid frame custom chopper.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Haven't you heard of "The Pocket Fisherman" by Ronco?
https://www.ronco.com/products/pocket-fisherman.html

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

I would velcro it to your CB antenna. Easy on, easy off.

If you're south of the Mason/Dixon line, you must have a CB.  Rules are rules.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

LOL Luke! No CB on my CB. I gave it to Piute. :)

I've seen the Ronco's.  But I'm wanting to get my fly rod out this summer. I never really learned to use it. I should probably be working on Hackjob, but its hard to get motivated when I have a road worthy bike already.

Barely, we're on the same page it seems. Kinda what I had in mind, just not sure how to execute it. Across the handle bats would be easy, just afraid I'll snag something (mailbox, limb, passing car...)and kill myself.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

It would have strapped onto that nice sissy bar on the Chopper.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Don't rub it in dude. I was talking to my buddy,Roscoe,that works with me and he said the same thing. I saw that bike going through downtown about 3 weeks ago. He had it all wound up and it sounded awesome with all the plate glass windows around Looked like he was having a good time with it. It definitely found a good home

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

seestheday
Have you seen how cops in cali mount their shotguns to their bikes? Something like that should work. Similar to what barely suggested.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Hoosier Daddy
That is what I was thinking, a PVC pipe capped on both ends, one that threads off... mounted like a scabbard along side you from frame neck to tail light... or maybe mount a strap on it and carry it diagnal across your back...
My Fly rod is an 8 footer that is two piece, but I have seen 4 piece ones for traveling.

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Beekeeper
Mine is actually like the second picture Hoosier posted, although a little larger and with a shoulder strap.  I have a small kit that fits inside, and I sling it across my back.  I can look to see who makes it if your interested.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Wearing across my back would be fine as long as it would fit along with my backpack,which my tackle box would be in.

The PVC tube is a great idea but it would take an awfully big piece of pipe to hold the reel,too.

Re: How do you tie your pole to your bike ?

Take the reel off, and put it in your backpack.