Intro

I would like to introduce myself.
My name is TOOLS and I owned a Ha!@#$%^&*(. Now I have seen the light.
Although I really enjoy building bikes (and I have built several), I also enjoy riding them.
I currently have a 76 CB 750 A that I ride every day. I average 250 miles a week. I also have two projects sitting in my living room or I mean workshop. One is a 79 Honda Twinstar 185 that I am bobbing. It looks straight out of the 50s. I shaved the tank and molded the sides round. Then added a sprung solo seat, small bottom mount headlight, and tombstone tail light.
I also have a Kawasaki KZ 1000 P-14 (Police bike) which is also getting bobbed. I am going to keep the Police paint and the saddle bags, but the faring has to go. LOL
I will try to post some pictures of the bikes later.

Re: Intro

Hey welcome to our little home! Any pics of the little twinstar? Sounds pretty cool!
So how do you like the A? Any mods done to it?

Re: Intro

wvhardtail
Look forward to the pics. Had a Kaw police bike. I really enjoyed it. Don't feel bad about the Ha*^((^%%! I have had several myself and still love them. We take everyone here. Here is my old Kaw!

Re: Intro

Hay guys thanks for the welcome. Here is some pictures of the Twinstar (and yes it is in my kitchen, and yes i am single).
WV that is one nice P model. I wish mine was in that good of shape. There is nothing like riding one of these in traffic;-)
Re-run. I really like my A. I can not believe the attention it gets. After sorting out some 34 year wiring gremlins I am really enjoying it and have been averaging 250 miles a week.

Re: Intro

I hope this resizing thing works. Sorry about the Twinstar pictures. This is my KZ 1000 P-14. Its rough but waiting patiently for me to finish the Twinstar for its turn.

Re: Intro

wvhardtail
Very cool. I like the spring seat on your twinstar. Where did you get it?

Re: Intro

Hay WV sorry I did not notice your question sooner.
I found the seat on craigslist here in KCMO for $35.00. Some guy was cleaning out his garage. I do not know who made the seat but it is leather and looks like new. Since I do not have a welder anymore I had Kickstand at Hellraisers fabrication in Belton MO make the brackets.
Right now the bike is completely disassembled. The frame and engine have been painted black. Most of the aluminum has been polished and a larger rear tire has been mounted. I hope to start reassembly soon.

Re: Intro

Hay WV I think I know where the seat came from. cycle x has one that looks just like mine for $55.00.

Re: Intro

wvhardtail
Thanks. I will probably get one after Christmas.

Re: Intro

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/

Re: Intro

MarkPBG
Sweet!….and it's right next to the parts washer…er….dishwasher, yeah, that's what I meant. lol
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."