Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Jebbysan

 Bought this bike in Oct. of 06' and rode it home in the cold Michigan fall.
I had searched for a Kaw Z900 for quite sometime...but everything was too
much or just clapped out.
 My good friend Kennedy surprised me and said he had this in his garage and it ran.
I drove over...handed him $800....and the rest is history.

Since that day every nut and bolt has been replaced and the only things that are still
with the bike since I bought it are the engine, frame, and swingarm.

Here is what it use to look like (sorry no pics from purchase :/)
Hey!

And now:

Mods include:
900 camshafts degreed to 100/105 I/E
BST38SS Mukuni Slingshot carbs from GSXR
Ceramic Coated Valve cover
V & H Super Sport system
Temperature read dipstick
1100f wheels
900f front brakes
VFR rear caliper
Marzocchi shocks
Drag Bars
NOS Honda Gas Tank
NOS Honda tailpiece
Big Crank AGM battery
Corbin Seat

Future Mods:
Pro Com igniters
900f front forks 39mm
Superbike fork brace
81' CBX Pro link swingarm

I have the swingarm and forks but zero time.
I love this old bike and have run 12.48@108 in the 1/4 mile.
Lots of fun and it seems every Harley Biker with club colors has owned one!
Weird to see "tough" guys get sentimental about an old Honda.....

Thanks for Looking,
Jebby

1979 CBX Super Sport Special
1980 cb750f Super Sport Special
1966 Corvette Sting Ray 327/350
1985 El Camino 383 stroker
2010 GMC Sierra

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Half-Caf
Nice! I see you have a thing for the factory cosmetics.
How are you liking the carbs? It's not often you see a carb-swap on these bikes.
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

seestheday
Did you buy or fabricate that dipstick?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Nice looking bike bud!  I have to say (and I love modifying things)but the bodywork and graphics that Honda used on these bikes is just beautiful. If I ever own a DOHC it'll definitely be completely stock...appearing.

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Jebbysan
I bought it from a member that I deal with a lot.....never seen another...but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
It is a very cool item and I will post a pic soon to help you identify it....

Jebby
1979 CBX Super Sport Special
1980 cb750f Super Sport Special
1966 Corvette Sting Ray 327/350
1985 El Camino 383 stroker
2010 GMC Sierra

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Jebbysan
I like Honda's graphics....always have.
The CBX's both have custom paint.....the color of the stripe
on the black one was changed by cbdecals.com...great guys.

The carbs are great...ultra responsive and absolutley no restriction.
They take a while to get dialed in...but no big deal.
A lot of guys on cb750f.com run them.....
In the fall...I plan on buying a couple of sets to refurb...ultrasonic clean
and dial in on the bench. These will be available for sale.
In the meantime.....you can find them on E-Bay...they fit 85-91 GSXR 750.

Jebby
1979 CBX Super Sport Special
1980 cb750f Super Sport Special
1966 Corvette Sting Ray 327/350
1985 El Camino 383 stroker
2010 GMC Sierra

Re: Jebbysan's 1980 CB750F

Papastew
I'm looking to rebuild those exact Marzocchi shocks on my cb750f, would you have any idea where to buy a kit. Or even better a model number for the shocks?