Music - what are you listening to?

I'm a music addict. Almost all types and kinds. What are you listening to? Post up, hopefully we'll all find some new bands we never knew of before.

 Remember when people actually used to play instruments and sing with their own voices? Some still do.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

I have a fairly broad spectrum, most rock/metal/instrumental, a small amount of pop and even smaller amount of country. I can't stomach rap though. Not gonna happen.

Lots of Prog metal from Europe, Vinnie Moore gets a lot of air play too.

here is a Woman I have found recently. Overlook the goofy video and the song is actually pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrutzRWXkKs

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Truck
actually just found this song today and can,t stop listening to it. And I'm with you, I'm constantly listening to different types of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6o8oKvnb8
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Beekeeper
Still stuck in the 60's and 70's.  Been listening to Allman Brothers, Joe Cocker, David Ruffin, Sam and Dave.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

motogrady
Administrator
<nabble_embed></nabble_embed>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZncehIh_Kw

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Rockwork
My default is anything with prog rockers Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy (Neal Morse Band, Transatlantic, Flying Colors).

Not stuck in the 60s and 70s, but just saw Love & Mercy (the Brian Wilson story) and have been watching more recent videos of him performing Pet Sounds and Smile.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

free2ride
Shiny: Tedeschi? she plays a mean guitar and gives a fantastic concert!

as per my Twitter handle . . . "musically mired in the 70s . . . with a side of Blues". but I'm not locked in.

but for today . . .

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

shultz_1978
One of my favs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tel7yXwtXI8
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

shultz_1978 wrote
That is the best looking band since The Kentucky Head Hunters.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

shultz_1978 wrote
^^ Nice.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Overlook the ultra-hipster video and it's actually a good song.

This + earbuds in the helmet = probably gonna get a ticket.

* i dont remember, but CTE most likely has explicit lyrics, so....

Raconteurs. Jack White, so, it is what is.

And a Classic. Truth: NOBODY beats AC/DC.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

One of my favorites.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

And another.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Definitely this!

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

And a cover that kicks ass!

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

And her.

And I just love Melissa's cover of this song, plus she is pretty sweet.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Those are some good covers.  Kid Rock seems to get a lot of beef. Probably earned. But he just reminds me of most of my buds from school.

If you've never heard of Paul Thorn, you oughta check him out.

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

free2ride
so the 11 day Ottawa Bluesfest ends today. they should rename it country fest this year -- more country acts than blues. however, there were some great rockin' acts amongst the country, rap, and junk (Air supply? come on! I was surrounded by thousands of screaming middle aged women acting like teeny boppers).

did enjoy Canned Heat and Deep Purple, though, as well as some lesser known blues acts.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Music - what are you listening to?

Air Supply and Canned Heat are still at it?!? Cool...
12