My 1978 CB750K

Peterwh
Just thought I would share a picture now I've worked out how to do it.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Ah really nice! Lets see, spend money to paint and do work on my bike or ninja swap with yours???

Re: My 1978 CB750K

ian277
That thing is great, any suggestion on where to get a front caliper? I got a 78 cb750K 3 weeks ago and looking for a new front caliper. I only have one side and the piston. You've got a nice looking bike there. Thanks.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Peterwh
Ian, there's a nice looking one on eBay for $175.  I'm on an iPad right now, so I cannot cut and paste a link, but I searched on "honda cb750 front brake calliper".  The auction for this one ends in 20 days.  If you cannot find it, I've added it to my watch list so i can easily go back to it.  If you get one, and your piston is in very good condition, I will buy it from you, if you want to sell it.  I've been looking for one for ages.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

cityslicker
I don't think thats a 78... the bike pictured is clearly an SHOC. and the 78 should be a DOHC.. am I right? TOOLS? PIUTE? SHINEY?

Re: My 1978 CB750K

cityslicker
really nice though.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Hate to tell, you. Your wrong. The 78 was a SOHC.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Honda brought out the DOHC in 1979, the 10th anniversary year of the CB750.  There really weren't many changes made in 1979 (DOHC and CDI ignition -- nice, but not earth-shattering), which was commented on by reviewers, then, and since.  I think Honda was focusing more on their Gold Wing line at that time, since they discovered people had a desire for dedicated, purpose-built bikes, around 1980 and forwards.

If you are interested in some fun reading, check your local library for books on the history of the various Japanese motorcycle manufacturers.  There are books on Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha, that I have found.  They're fun to skip around through (tons of photo's of sooo many bikes...  nearly all in pristine/new condition -- be still, my thumping heart!).  I learned a lot about Mr. Honda, and the whole motorcycle market in the 1950's to the 1980's.  They were interesting times in the motorcycle world.

I've been impressed with the bikes produced by all three of the major Japanese makers, back in the 70's and 80's, and forwards.  I really enjoyed seeing the technology progress through the decades, especially seeing how some companies were years ahead of their time.  Some of their products made a huge splash in the sport/hobby, some died quietly, only to be resurrected years later (take a look at Kawasaki's 1300 Voyager, back in 1979, and forward -- had digital systems in the early 80's!).  I believe Kawasaki had an electronic cruise control (Voyager XII, circa 1987?) before Honda had one on their Gold Wing line (1989 or 1990?).  Makes the long Winter nights pass more easily...  Cheers!

Re: My 1978 CB750K

cityslicker
Well I stand corrected. thats good to know though, I thought the first year was 78 but I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Thats what relationships with women have taught me.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

I thought I was wrong once, but it turned out I was mistaken.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

cityslicker wrote
 I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Thats what relationships with women have taught me.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Peterwh
Cityslicker, did you think I didn't know what year my bike was?

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Lucky 1
The Honda Gl1000 uses the same calipers.
Also you can use the earlier years 1976.
The 76 calipers have a larger  3/8 bleeder valve but it is still the same.
The 77-78 used the smaller 1/4 dimeter bleeder valve.

Outside appearance almost the same.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Lucky 1
Which not Witch. Halloween must be on your mind.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

I once had a sandwich at the sandpit on Halloween.

Re: My 1978 CB750K

 Which not Witch. Halloween must be on your mind.

 no cant spill

Re: My 1978 CB750K

Piute n Judose wrote

 no cant spill