My Dads new project

Daddyman
Here is my Dads new project, 1980cx500c He's going for a military look.
He picked it up for $200 and the only major thing wrong is the water pump
(Already fixed by the way) Notice the 750ss rear tail light??

Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

I really like the CX 500's. They have this unique/exotic look to them. They also sound really cool with straight pipes. I like it

Re: My Dads new project

That is a very different looking motorArmy theme is cool though

Re: My Dads new project

rich
Bookmarked this forum when I was looking at getting a CX - http://cx500forum.com/

Lots of cool project bikes there.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Thanks Rich, the first post I checked out is cool http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/8981-cafe-seat-fabrication-w-lrcx/
Think Ill try this on my next one!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Lucky 1
Looks like he cleaned up the engine too.
Good work!
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: My Dads new project

Unique is certainly the word for it. Very original turning a vtwin sideways.

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Ya the engine looks cool that way, Dad liked how it looks like an old flat head engine.  Ill post some more pics soon it's changed some.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Did he turn the engine,or im guessing that was factory.Sorry for stupid questions.Im slow and dumb.Deadly mix.  Also   i am impatient    cant wait to see more on this build!!!

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Thats how it came, the water pump is a pain to work on though.  But we got it fixed and it runs strong for 500cc.  Dad has been repainting it so Ill get those pics up soon.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Cool! Can't wait....well...guess i CAN...just dont wannawater pump   whaaaaa???Not an airhead,huh?

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Here are some new pics

Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Looking good, but, you know .50 cal ammo cans make really cool saddle bags.

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Dude that would be cool! I'll pass it on to him
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Piute
crazy az head lights,"Silver wing" couldn't think of it,yeh those boxes will look bad az..Piute..

Re: My Dads new project

New pics!Cool! That is sooo cool!Love that headlight!What is it?I see your shop has the same kind of air conditioning as mine  I really like your dads bike,very nice.Went together quick!!

Re: My Dads new project

I like the paint job.  I was looking VERY seriously at the CX500 as a replacement to my old Avenger.  I read where they can have head gasket problems, so I shied away from those.  It is a neat look with the 90 degree config. They didn't make too many of them, though...maybe 4 years worth, and they're just as old as our vaunted DOHC bikes.

Tell your dad he's a heck of a bike mechanic, and he has my admiration.  Good job!

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
Will do Luke, He didn't know what he was getting in to with this bike but we found out real quick about the water-pump and head gasket issues.  For now all is well with it and we are heading out for a ride later today
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: My Dads new project

Very cool!!!Glad you all are up and running!Have fun guys

Re: My Dads new project

Daddyman
He used a set of 55watt driving lights 1 for low and both for high beam.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado
12