NFL Pool Question

free2ride
Hey, I once again got talked into joining an NFL pool [I have a big "S" for "Stupid" tattooed on my head, I guess]. Actually, I've been part of the group for the past few years [last year was my best: 7th place]. Fact is, I don't know the NFL very well, and just guess and hope for the best. Did OK drafting this year with the exception that I grabbed Eli Manning, though he's doing a lot of sitting on my bench [1 QB plays, and I also have Cam Newton, who is at least not throwing all those INTs].

Anyway, a question: I have been "offered" a trade and have no idea what to do. Someone here must follow the NFL and so I defer. The trade scenarios:

1: I send Gonzalez get Woodhead in return [and send Ryan Matthews get Jermaine Gresham]
2: I send Heath Miller get McGahee in return [same other 2 bit players involved].
3: status quo [fwiw I have Julius Thomas as primary TE, Forte as primary RB; we play 3 RB 1 TE, 1 flex].

Anyone? Bueller?
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: NFL Pool Question

easyrider12
I can't wait to hear about the Manning family sit-down at American thanks-giving, when peyton and eli compare 6-0,  and 0-6    OMG!    Eli was the top payed quarter-back I think 3 years ago??
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: NFL Pool Question

The Giants are just trying for the perfect season, that's all.

Re: NFL Pool Question

hc243102
I presume by Gonzalez you mean Tony Gonzalez (the best tight end in the game). Julius Thomas produces a lot because of Payton Manning's pass happy offense. You should never have more than one TE becuase its hard to get much production from these guys.

Tony Gonzalez for Danny Woodhead - Stay away from this. You should get waaaaaay more out've Gonzalez.

Miller for McGahee wouldnt be terrible since you have so many TE's, but keep in mind Clevelands offense isnt exactly a powerhouse.

Re: NFL Pool Question

free2ride
thanks, HC.

I've decided to do nothing for now. we have a bench of 8 [8! -- far too many imo but I'm not in charge. I play 2 TEs [1 in a flex position] . . . and this week asked myself "why should I help the guy out?" he wants a TE and if he wants one of mine he's going to have to pay for it -- no even swap. I'll keep Miller on the bench . . . just so no one else can get him. I'm starting to learn that you can't be nice in fantasy!

[edit: that's not saying that one can't have a nice fantasy  ]