Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

trapper
While taking apart my motor for a rebuild I busted some of the fins on the damn cylinder block...
Anyone have one they would be willing to part with?
Let me know your price and maybe if you would be interested in trades.
I have a bunch of rear end stuff available plus many other Honda parts.
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

Just file them smooth. Add an oil cooler, that will more then make up for the lost surface of the fins.

Re: Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

trapper
Admittedly looks is a factor though on this cuz I'm doing so much work to customize.
I'm not often coincided about  my personal appearance haha but the bikes gotta be pretty when I'm done.
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

Might check on getting them welded back on. That might be a cheaper option vs. buying a new set of jugs and whatever machine work may be needed to make them useable.

Re: Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

sockmonkey20
hey Trapper if i can't get mine working then i will have no problem selling you my cylinder block, im not to sure how much though. so give me like a week or two and i will get back to you.
Honda: 1981 CB750k (non-op)
Mostly stock.
Kawasaki:1984 gpz 550(daily)
A/M exhaust 4-1, stage two carburettor jets

Re: Need a cylinder block for 81 DOHC

trapper
Yeah Sock, that would be great... Let me know. Though I am looking at big bore kits for this now also haha....
What issues are you having? I'm sure ya already asked somewhere but there's always another CB fan here who's good with advice on fixing these old dogs.