Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

v8_ranch
Hello. I am new here. My son and I are trying to get his project bike running. It was partial disassemble and partial in the box project when we bought it. We have most of the electrical put together to start the bike, but  not getting any spark. Downloaded the manual from home page tonight and did some testing from section 17. The coils tested good with ohmmeter. Did the spark unit test per instructions on page 17-5 and both spark units have 12 volts to ground before grounding the associated connection on the red coupler, but they are not dropping voltage when grounding the red coupler connection. Both units are showing this same thing. We have no idea how long since this bike ran last, but just wondering is this test on 17-5 fairly conclusive on health of the spark units, or is there something else we should look at first (another way to test, etc.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We are in west Tennessee area.

Re: Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

What year/model bike is it?

Re: Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

v8_ranch
yes, I suppose that would be prudent!

79 CB750K

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] wrote:

 What year/model bike is it? TOOLS Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away. I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill Never confuse education for intelligence. Happiness is a belt fed weapon. I just can't imagine what could go wrong. No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story? Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway. We all got problems. Ksharp 1976 CB 750-A X 2 1977 CB 750-A X 2 1981 CB 750 1995 KZ 1000 P-14 1981 KZ 750 LTD X 2 1973 CB 350 1979 CM 185 Twinstar 1987 Honda TLR 200 1982 Honda XL 80 2005 Yamaha PW 50 South of Edan (Kansas City MO)
___________________________________

Re: Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

v8_ranch
suppose that would be helpful

79 CB750K
ace

Re: Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

ace
I had to put a new pulser assembly on after I went through the same testing. Straight forward install and you get a new wire harness with it as well. She is screaming now.

Re: Need some assistance diagnosing no spark please

                                              Father-Son
                                            project gotta love it,