New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

y2kc0wb0y
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

I just found this forum. I'm over on the SOHC4.net most of the time but I'd thought I reach out and say hi here. I purchased my first bike (750K3) a few months ago and since have jumped completely off the deep end and gone crazy for these vintage rides. Since my wife wanted in the game too, I purchased a 750F1 for her and a 350F (edited not a 400F) for anybody that's interested. Second gear was shot in my K3 so I worked a deal with a guy in RI for a 836cc engine out of a 71K. Happy to report that went in last weekend and after some tuning will be an excellent upgrade. Overall, my K3 still has miles to go before its like I want it but you can start to see the Cafe route I'm going.

Couple of buddies of mine have helped me get it to a point were I'm not embarrased to post pictures. We're wrenching just about every weekend here in NW Washington DC if you want to stop by and say hi please hit me up. CB fans are always welcome. For now this is my K3. Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

750 K3, 750 F1, 350F

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

Welcome to the forum.  Pictures are always good to share.  I hope we can help you and I hope we can tap you for contributions.  If you can help, please do. You've got some good rides there.  Winter is the time to tear them apart and rebuild them for the next riding season.

Then again, if (and that's a big IF at this time) my Avenger gets fixed, I'll even ride it this winter.  I miss my bike!

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

y2kc0wb0y
LukeM wrote
Welcome to the forum. Pictures are always good to share. I hope we can help you and I hope we can tap you for contributions. If you can help, please do. You've got some good rides there. Winter is the time to tear them apart and rebuild them for the next riding season. Then again, if (and that's a big IF at this time) my Avenger gets fixed, I'll even ride it this winter. I miss my bike! Luke M
Thanks LukeM, Looking forward to learning and sharing everything I can. RE: Winter. Our garage is freezing at this time but we recently hooked up some huge contractor flood light and that seems to warm the temps suitable to wrench. Riding? now that's getting challenging. The weather is COLD here especially the last couple of days and my bike is parked. Too bad too because I'd love to get it over to the Dyno and tuned! Still waiting for main jets and exhaust to arrive though. Here's a few more pictures to share. Photobucket

Wife's F1 with K seat and rear fender.

75 CB750F

1973 350F (I totally lied about the 400F) 350!!! Photobucket

750 K3, 750 F1, 350F

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

wvhardtail
Welcome. I am over in Harpers Ferry, WV. Some great places to ride here. Nice bikes. I dig the pipes on your 750. I look forward to seeing your progression.

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

You got some nice rides there!
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

SickCBeez
nice rides there Cowboy, always a good site to see more vintage bikes, i check out sohc site alot good stuff!
Locked n Loaded!
CB's by Patrick

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

y2kc0wb0y
Thanks Sick, The bikes are a lot of fun.
Central Fla huh? I grew up in Deland.
Scott
750 K3, 750 F1, 350F

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

sam salk
Hey Man- Where do you live? I live in Columbia Heights... ride a 1980 CB 750. Bikes look great.

Sam-in NE just off Florida and 13th in Trinidad...
750 K3, 750 F1, 350F

Re: New Member, 1973 K3 Cafe 836cc, Washington DC

SickCBeez
Nice.  I live just south of the fairgrounds in W. Volusia. I hale from the South Fl. though
With a stint on Active Duty I missed the whole live in the western part of town and still be able to cruise and fish the beach-and not freeze too bad in the winter . We were the only state last week without snow on the ground now that my friends is Awesome!  ever come this way and want to cruise send me a msg.
Locked n Loaded!
CB's by Patrick