New Member from Iowa

SThomas
Been lurking around reading through some threads. Not going to lie....I read through the entire "water buffalo" build thread.

Little bit of info on me... I don't own a CB750...YET, but I'm in the market for one for sure. Hard to come by around this area, but I check the local ad's daily. I currently own a 2004 V-Star 1100...heavily modified. Bit bored with just having a cruiser though, and miss hitting corners like a bat out of hell. Rather than just going out and picking up a R1 or whatever though, I want to building something unique. So I decided on a cafe-style bike.

Basically I'm here for knowledge. Before I take on a project I want to at least have an idea as to what awaits me. Hopefully that's a sufficient excuse for joining a bike forum when I don't even own the bike.
V-Star 1100 Silverado
429 cams
Chubby pods
Speedster Slashdowns
Dyna 3000
AIS Removed
64lb clutch

Sappers Forward

Re: New Member from Iowa

Two things...

First...

SThomas wrote
I read through the entire "water buffalo" build thread.
You poor soul

And second...

SThomas wrote
Little bit of info on me... I don't own a CB750...YET
You need to fix this!

Good luck on your search. Hope you find the right one for you. See ya around the forum...

Re: New Member from Iowa

Word to the wise, never corner hard with no fork brace! We don't have 43mm forks like the r6 or something does. We got these wee little 35mm forks that like to torsion twist just enough to freak a person out!
If a cafe is the idea, go for a 72-78 model. Not so rare as the 69-71 bikes.
You can lurk all you want. Make sure you read through the parts source lists and check things out. Read the write ups too.

Re: New Member from Iowa

Truck
Look through craigslist and E-bay. Ebay is also a great place for parts once you get the bike.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: New Member from Iowa

motogrady
Administrator
Kha

Re: New Member from Iowa

Kha
Hey, I'm also from Iowa. Sioux city to be exact. I used Craigslist to search for my dohc. Searched everyday too. It'll pop up once in a while. Took me about a year to find a good one. Good luck to ya.

Re: New Member from Iowa

SThomas
Yeah I've been checking craigslist at least once a day. Don't really want to go through eBay unless it's a local seller, the shipping would kill.

I'll be patient and wait for a good deal to come along, I'm not going to drop 2,000 because I want it NOW. My vstar will do just fine while I wait.
V-Star 1100 Silverado
429 cams
Chubby pods
Speedster Slashdowns
Dyna 3000
AIS Removed
64lb clutch

Sappers Forward

Re: New Member from Iowa

UxWANTxAxTISSUE
SThomas I'm in council bluffs there's a guy in town selling a cb900 not sure what yr it looks like he tried to do a cafe/bobber look
DIRTY HANDS