New Member with a seat question.

BecauseRaceCar
Hello everyone. I am new to the site. This is my first post. I recently purchased a ’80 cb750F over the winter. I got it at a low price. It just needed a little of love to be road worthy. Here is how she looked when I first brought her home. (Yes it was in my apartment.) We got a lot of snow and I have no garage. My landlord didn't care. His words were "You break it, you fix it."

I will take a more recent picture of her outside now. Since that picture I have:
I cleaned her up,
Got rid of the rust in the tank
Rebuilt the carbs
Replaced the choke, throttle push and pull and clutch cable
Changed the oil.

I’m now in the process of rebuilding the front and rear master cylinders. After that just replace the tires and  find an exhaust for her and she will be back on the road.

I wanted to change the seat and get rid of the tail end. I’m not sure if any of you watch Bates Motel. But the brother on that show rides a cb750 with a different seat. I’ve been searching for this seat and have had no luck. Maybe one of you can shed some light on the mystery seat. Here is a picture on the bike.

CB

Re: New Member with a seat question.

I have never seen the show, but if you can find a picture of the bike, someone here should be able to help. BTW I love pictures of bikes in the house. However you might want to get a cheap 4X8 sheet of OSB to put under it to protect the floor.

Re: New Member with a seat question.

Truck
Do  a serch on Ebay. you will get hundreds of different seat and rear options.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: New Member with a seat question.

I gotta say, and I'm usually a huge fan of modified stuff, but I love the seats on those F models. Looking forward to what you come up with still. Good luck with your project and welcome in!

Re: New Member with a seat question.

masiste
Hi.

    That seat on that black  Honda on your provided photo looks like the stock seat, without the twil piece, and somewhat modified (the foam on the seat rear end seems re shaped).

    You can always replace the seat entirely, and add another kind of tail, or no tail piece at all.

    Carpy's bikes ( correct my spelling if wrong, but I think it is Carpy's) whom I believe deals mostly with SOHC Hondas, also has some cafe seats for bikes.

    That business also offers 4 into 1 headers. Although watch out with the weld quality, it is sad. If you purchase a set of headers from that business, i quire about the pipe welds, make sure those issues have been taken care off before you get a set.

    Like it was said before, watch out with that vinyl flooring. The center stand will drill itself through it. Get a piece of heavy cardbpard, like appliance box, and work on it.

    Keep it going !
750DOHC

Re: New Member with a seat question.

BecauseRaceCar
Thanks for the info! I actually emailed Carpy about some parts!
CB